What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Doesn't anybody stay together anymore?

Bryan Ferry made a plea some time back but I don't think anyone was listening.

Maybe Jerry Hall but look how that turned out. She's ended up with Rupert freaking Murdoch.

WTF:

Madness.

They were quite good too.

Wolves sign Silvio from Atletico Madrid

Portuguese international defender Silvio has joined Wolves from Atletico Madrid on a permanent transfer.

The 28-year-old full-back has signed a one-year contract at Molineux, with the option of an extra year.

He becomes the second player to join in the Fosun era - and the first since Walter Zenga was announced at the club's new head coach.

Winger Helder Costa moved from Benfica on a season-long loan deal on Friday.

The player revealed the news on Facebook, saying: "Wolverhampton is going to be my new home.

"I have decided to terminate the contract with Atletico Madrid and I decided to grab this opportunity and this new project in this great club!"

Wolves said the deal involved an undisclosed fee.

Silvio has won eight caps for Portugal and moved to Atletico from Braga - for whom he played in the Europa League final - in 2011 and can play on either flank.

His opportunities at the Spanish side have been limited and he has spent the last three seasons on loan at Benfica, making 14 appearances last season.

Silvio began training with Wolves last week ahead of the terms of his Atletico exit being finalised.

A leaked picture of him with his new mates, which surfaced on Twitter on Friday morning, led to supporters being banned from the Compton Park training ground until further notice.

I think as said wolves will throw some crazy money about in the hope of rebuilding. But that means they'll have the same problems we did at the start of last season in finding a balance of play. There could be easily 10-12 teams realistically fighting for the playoffs and above. 

Having said that I like forshaw and Marshall. I think if we added them with mcnair or tobu-mensu (completely spelt his name wrong) from man Utd and barring a proper  back up left back we'd be set ready to tweak the squad come January if needed. 

Should be a strong league again. 

Strange one - I'd rather have Gestede myself.

Villa have offered Hull Rudy Gestede plus a cash bid for striker Abel Hernandez.

The Uruguayan fired the Tigers back into the Premier League at the first time of asking last season, and netted 24 times in all competitions for club and country.

Gestede only arrived at Villa Park last summer, scoring the winner against Blues in the League Cup and the winner against Bournemouth on his debut.

CANARIES STILL IN FOR MCCORMACK

Norwich are still trying to complete a deal for Fulham forward Ross McCormack before their Championship opener against Blackburn next weekend.

Speaking after the pre-season game against Hannover on Saturday, manager Alex Neil said the clubs are in discussions.

“I think we are at a stage where we are not getting rejected out of hand so there is movement on both sides but it is how much we are prepared to give and how much they are,” he is quoted as saying by the Eastern Daily Press.

“We are already spending considerable money to get it done and I don’t think there is any need to spend any more. I would like to get all our business in before Blackburn. We should have at least one by the end of the week.”