What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

9 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

So have Wolves signed this guy?

Style of play

He has been nicknamed "Yaya Talisca" in reference to Ivorian midfielder Yaya Touré, but bases his game on that of his compatriot Neymar.[15] He is also compared to fellow Brazilian Rivaldo.[16]

No mention of him in todays local (West Midlands) press, just that Wolves are interested in Adam Forshaw & Ben Marshall as posted earlier in this thread. 

It also states that they are actively pursuing 8 players that they hope to have in before the season kicks off.

It appears that they are struggling with the following three as negotiations have now been going on for three days!

Fosun and agent Jorge Mendes hope to bring Benfica duo Pele and Helder Costa and Atletico Madrid full back Silvio to the club.

But it is believed that issues with the permanent capture of defensive midfielder Pele are holding up the triple deal, with Wolves hoping to announce all three signings at the same time.The 24-year-old is thought to be considering other options before making a final decision.

Silvio and winger Helder Costa are poised to join on loan.

Wolves were banking on getting the deals done today ahead of tomorrow’s Molineux friendly versus Swansea.

The problem with Wolves getting all these players from Portugal if indeed they do they will be paying way over the odds , In the usual course of things Matias or Joaowould have gone to Porto/Sporting / Benfica scored loads vs poor teams and clubs would be queuing up pay top dollar for them.

both are very talented but needed a season to bed in , I've no doubts the players Wolves get will need the same. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

The problem with Wolves getting all these players from Portugal if indeed they do they will be paying way over the odds , In the usual course of things Matias or Joaowould have gone to Porto/Sporting / Benfica scored loads vs poor teams and clubs would be queuing up pay top dollar for them.

both are very talented but needed a season to bed in , I've no doubts the players Wolves get will need the same. 

I agree. Had no idea who Talisca was. A quick look at his showreel, you can see obvious talent - but hardly a tackle made on him. Defenders backing off; wouldn't be afforded that luxury over here. He'd have lumps kicked out of him. The test for him is whether he can cope with that and still deliver. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I agree. Had no idea who Talisca was. A quick look at his showreel, you can see obvious talent - but hardly a tackle made on him. Defenders backing off; wouldn't be afforded that luxury over here. He'd have lumps kicked out of him. The test for him is whether he can cope with that and still deliver. 

Totally agree 

46 minutes ago, Coyt said:

I love that post that mentions us and Derby having had no bids for any of our players, us in particular have no big assets lol Love it since they got that new stadium all these "supporters" have suddenly emerged

Made me laugh reaading the Abdi thread, Massive, loads better than us last season, half empty ground, paying more in wages, poor facilities, robbed in the players, injuries, blah, blah, blah. Them Grapes.

2 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Wolves sack Jackett! No surprise despite him being given assurances on Monday!

Kenny Jackett: Wolves sack head coach after three seasons in charge
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36929363

Hardly surprising. Very similar to the situation around our very own Disco Stu.

Having said that, their next appointment could prove very interesting. How serious a threat will they be?

Edited by themaskedowl

2 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Wolves sack Jackett! No surprise despite him being given assurances on Monday!

Kenny Jackett: Wolves sack head coach after three seasons in charge
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36929363

Bum.

Was hoping they would keep him until October.

Wise move sadly for us. Hope they appoint some looney rather than Bruce.

22 hours ago, Coyt said:

I love that post that mentions us and Derby having had no bids for any of our players, us in particular have no big assets lol Love it since they got that new stadium all these "supporters" have suddenly emerged

Yep I was laughing at that. Difference is people have been told our players are not for sale and there not. 

Would love to take dunk off them. He would add a couple of goals on set pieces no doubt. 

12 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Made me laugh reaading the Abdi thread, Massive, loads better than us last season, half empty ground, paying more in wages, poor facilities, robbed in the players, injuries, blah, blah, blah. Them Grapes.

The sooner they realise we are a bigger club the sooner they can accept it and move on. 

Brighton lol