What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I agree .

With the money they are raking in by selling their big assets, there is no reason why Newcastle need parachute payments . They can easily manage without them. The whole thing is a joke. 

Or said players could just stay there and collect a wage. Now where have I seen that before.

As FFP has come up today it does show you that it clearly has an effect on teams business. The only teams who have spent big and not covered it by selling players too are Aston Villa (parachute payments) and Bristol City. The rest of the league has made a profit, balanced or spent a minimal amount on fees. 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Liam Bridcutt anyone?

Leeds have pulled out but Villa still interested. If we can't get a Carlton mark2, would this guy add the steel we need in midfield.

Also, seems to me there's a big blockage in Championship transfers. Let's hope Nixon's correct  and DynoRod will be here soon.

Finally, why are we training and preparing in 30 C when most teams head for for the hiils or other cooler places?  

2 hours ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

Liam Bridcutt anyone?

Leeds have pulled out but Villa still interested. If we can't get a Carlton mark2, would this guy add the steel we need in midfield.

Also, seems to me there's a big blockage in Championship transfers. Let's hope Nixon's correct  and DynoRod will be here soon.

Finally, why are we training and preparing in 30 C when most teams head for for the hiils or other cooler places?  

dont know but we went there last season and i didnt see a fitter side than us last season.

Wolves set to splash the cash.......

Wolves set to sign THREE players today

Wolves are today set to land a sensational triple transfer swoop as the Fosun era gets under way in spectacular style.

Jeff Shi and Jorge Mendes have combined to sign Benfica midfielder Pele for Wolves

Portuguese midfielder Pele, formerly of AC Milan, will join on a permanent deal from European giants Benfica.

And two more players from the stable of super-agent Jorge Mendes are poised to join on loan.

It's believed they are Benfica winger Helder Costa and full-back Silvio – who has spent the last three years on loan at the same club from Atletico Madrid.

Mendes has been touting a host of talented Portuguese stars for moves to Wolves ever since takeover talks with Chinese conglomerate Fosun reached an advanced stage at the end of last month.

The triple signing will be a huge statement of intent from Fosun and its Wolves supremo Jeff Shi, who stated on Monday that he wanted to bring in up to eight players before the end of next month’s transfer window.

Shi attended last night's 2-1 friendly defeat at Northampton alongside Jez Moxey.

Portuguese under-21 international Pele, aged 24, began his career with Belenenses before moving to Italian side Genoa, and then AC Milan in 2011, before signing for Benfica last summer.

However, the defensive midfielder has failed to make an appearance for Benfica, having spent last season at fellow Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira.

Full-back Silvio, 28, has won eight caps for Portugal and moved to Atletico from Braga - for whom he played in the Europa League final - in 2011 and can play on either flank.

His opportunities at the Spanish side have been limited and he has spent the last three seasons on loan at Benfica, making 14 appearances last season.

Costa has featured for Portugal at youth level and came through the ranks at Benfica.

The 22-year-old left winger was sent on loan to Monaco last season and played 25 times to help the team to a third-place finish and Champions League qualification, scoring three goals.

Wolves have been in the hunt for a left winger - ideally on loan - with injured duo Jordan Graham and Michal Zyro set to return to fitness at differing stages of the upcoming season.

Shi admitted during Monday's press conference that Wolves would look to bring in players from Benfica, with Mendes playing a key role in future transfers.

He said: "Jorge is my friend, a very good friend.

"After the takeover, I think he will be one of our agents. He’s now working on that to try and bring players to us. I think he has a lot of resources in the world.

"Some clubs have a very good relationship with him. I’m also very familiar with our friends in Benfica, I know the chairman there (and) the CEO.

"Maybe we will try to get some players from there."

The triple signing boost comes as reports linked Conor Coady with a surprise move to Newcastle United.

Guest wilyfox

Seen Newcastle linked with Pritchard. Him one side, Ritchie the other, supplying bullets for Gayle and possibly Mitrovic. Hmmm.