Jose Semedo offered new contract

Guest 1banana2banana

Amazing news 

Perfect still to bring on at 1 or 2 0 up away with half hour to play out. 

If some sort of coaching role then fair enough,  I am sure he will have the relevant UEFA qualifications.

If purely as a player then sorry this is a bad move for me. Nowhere near good enough in the games last season.

Yes I know people will say he is 'Good in the dressing room' and maybe this would help him get a contract if it was a borderline decision but is well short of what we need on the pitch next season even as a squad player. 

Guest wilyfox

Wasn't expecting this to be honest. Not sure what to make of it. Great personality, obvious character in the dressing room. But is that enough to warrant a new deal? Carlos has picked him once since January - for a game that didn't matter. 

Probably just as important to the team off the field as the likes of Bannan and FF are on it.

My only question would be is it fair for Jose to be kept as a motivational speaker/mascot/pet? He's more than good enough to still be playing at League One level.

That said, if he's happy enough to stay on & is smart enough to know he probably won't play much. Then everyone's a winner.

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Probably just as important to the team off the field as the likes of Bannan and FF are on it.

My only question would be is it fair for Jose to be kept as a motivational speaker/mascot/pet? He's more than good enough to still be playing at League One level.

That said, if he's happy enough to stay on & is smart enough to know he probably won't play much. Then everyone's a winner.

He knows the score and has always said he wants to stay

Pointless. Shows a total lack of ambition.

Chansiri is supposed to be a business man, offering a player like Semedo a contract is comical.

I get that Semedo has been brilliant for us, but we had a chance to say goodbye and should have done so.

Why keep dead wood?

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

This. JS is an important man off the field and around the club 

Like others have posted, IF it's with a view to moving into  coaching role then fair enough, if it's for playing then I simply don't get it no matter how good a servant he's been for the club. We are in need of better.

A few saying he's completely useless and dead wood but I don't remember him letting us down too much and more importantly the season is long and hard with a need for different personal. 

If if you have a bit part player who is always committed and gives his all be that in last 20 minutes or the odd game when needed I'd keep him. He won't break the bank and has value off pitch too. 

1 minute ago, Adam1867 said:

Pointless. Shows a total lack of ambition.

Chansiri is supposed to be a business man, offering a player like Semedo a contract is comical.

I get that Semedo has been brilliant for us, but we had a chance to say goodbye and should have done so.

Why keep dead wood?

Well I for one would trust DC's judgement over yours. Why can't we just trust our club to just get on with it?

Makes sense to me, he's great to have around and if he has an eye on a coaching career, what better place to learn the ropes. I'd like to see him play regularly for the development squad, where he can add a bit of experience and help bring the youngsters on.

Joe Bennett Wednesday legend 

Joe Bennett's Wednesday record

Apps 4 

Goals 0

Daniel Pudil Wednesday legend

Daniel Pudil's Wednesday record

Apps 43

Goals 2

Micheal Turner Wednesday legend

Michael Turner's Wednesday record

Apps 12

Goals 1

Vincent Sasso Wednesday legend

Vincent Sasso's Wednesday record

Apps 19

Goals 0

Alex Lopez Wednesday legend

Alex Lopez's Wednesday record

Apps 27

Goals 0

Aiden McGeady Wednesday legend

Aiden McGeady's Wednesday record

Apps 13

Goals 1

Thankyou & good luck Joe Bennett, Daniel Pudil, Micheal Turner, Vincent Sasso, Alex Lopez & Aiden McGeady.