Ticket Announcement

Main reason for prioritising and staggering categories of fans is possibly to stop 30,000+ folks turning up at the Ticket Office on the first day of sale.

Whilst the vast majority of tickets are being bought on-line, I was at the Ticket Office / Owls Megastore earlier this week and, despite the on-line sales, folks were still queuing up around the block.

What are you on about mate? You can't get tickets from the ticket office? What were they queuing for?

I have little sympathy for people that are worried and have more than 30 priority points as a membership would have made economical sens. I have had one since they started selling them to support the club. This year they rely made it a no brainier whith discounts. I am sure tickets will make general sale but I suspect you will need to be on as soon as possible to get a ticket. I can't go to all games as I work most weekends and live a 3 hour drive away. Still I have been to 9 games this year not included the Brighton home leg. We are spread a far and I can understand fans living abroad being frustrated by the priority however there is little reason for english based supporters to feel hard done by. I sincerely hope everyone that wants a I met gets one but next year if you are based in the UK get a membership because it pays for its self quickly. No matter what happens this has been the best season since 1998-1999 season and hopefully we can make it even better. UTO

Yes and how many of those are season ticket holders, half season ticket holders and members?

And how many of those who have paid to attend individual games have borrowed their mates memberships to get a discount or had their mates who are season ticket holders buy them tickets.

You then have to assume that not EVERY season ticket holder and member will be going to the final.

This'll make general sale.

I'd agree in that not every season ticket holder/member will go. But those who aren't going are very likely to have given their ID to someone else given the desperate please for ID'S on social media

Ive got over 300 points and I always buy at least 2 tickets, sometimes 3. For me and my lads. I need 2 tickets for me and my youngest but all the points are in my name. I assume I can only buy one in the morning

Anyone have any ideas which would be the best place to choose (if theres a choice) so I can get another close by when they go on general sale (if they do)

Breaks my heart but true

I fear only one of us will be going

As I said, I'll 'wager' that the pool of people that go to a few games is far larger than people think.

I have friends and work with people who go to differing amounts of games each season. Some go to quite a few, others barely any.

So to get an average attendance of 22-23 that pool of part-time fans will be substantial.

The big question is, as you say, how many of them buy online and not on the gate.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow and maybe Monday.

My gut feeling (based only on my own fairly narrow experience with various friends/family etc, admittedly) is that relatively few occasional attendees go alone when they do go; most seem to tag along with a regular. And I suspect (again, best guess only) that most of those sorts of ticket sales are done online using the regular's ID.

This would seem to chime with the fact a lot of people on here are saying 'I've got 500 points but my kid/wife/mate hasn't got any, even though they often come with me'. Seems to be a pretty common thing.

On that basis, I reckon you're right to say there will be a far more substantial pool of occasional visitors to Hillsborough than we might think...but in my view it'd be very easy to overestimate how many of those a) have an ID, and b) are even vaguely considering going on Saturday.

Guest Deleted member

Amazed how many Wednesday 'experts' there are on Owlstalk with less than 10 games in 2 years attendance

So what if they did?

Christ.

Wtf is your problem. Folk are trying to figure out how many people in each category and it's likely that game could have been a fair few fans first/only game this season

Wind your neck in ffs

Edited by Sinner

Guest Swfc81

New on here, just thought I'd put my input on it, work it out correctly and you will see it makes general sale, there will be a good few thousand people that will not have many points, as evryone pays on the gate, people are only going to get points when we have all ticket games, like arsenal, Rotherham, anyone agree with out evryone bickering? WAWAW