Ticket Announcement

If there was hardly any, I doubt Wednesday would have given them a whole day to buy them. They'd have just had over 50 points straight away.

And why until the end of today everyone was guaranteed a ticket.

Tomorrow will surprise a few I think.

I'm dreading the carve up....

If anything, the tickets on sale Sunday to Monday wont be huge in number.

We average 22-23k a gate? We have sold 25k already. I doubt Sunday and Monday's tickets sales would get past 5k.

The tickets remaining before general sale are the occasional ticket buyers or those who go to away games. Those that may live a few hours drive from Hillsborough and therefore only go to the occasional game. Some of these will want to go with family members too who may also have 0 PTS, so they may end up waiting for general sale.

The tickets will make general sale.

Edited by iliveinthenow

If we sell 5k tomorrow and 5k on Monday, that will still leave 3.5k for general sale on Tuesday morning.

I think some fans will be disappointed but not as many as people think.

I hope so mate I had heard on here that there will be a small chance for people wanting one seat or max two...testicles crossed

We average 22-23k a gate? We have sold 25k already. I doubt Sunday and Monday's tickets sales would get past 5k.

The tickets remaining before general sale are the occasional ticket buyers or those who go to away games. Those that may live a few hours drive from Hillsborough and therefore only go to the occasional game. Some of these will want to go with family members too who may also have 0 PTS.

They will make general sale.

Yes but to average 23,000 there are probably 50,000+ supporters that went to a match.

I have 50 and don't have membership.

A mate of mine has 70 and neither does he.

I think the 100 to 50 categories have the potential to be significant.

I agree. I think from 2pm tomorrow we'll see a bit drop. People who have been to 10 games are likely to have membership, but not necessarily 5.

The tickets remaining before general sale are the occasional ticket buyers or those who go to away games. Those that may live a few hours drive from Hillsborough and therefore only go to the occasional game. Some of these will want to go with family members too who may also have 0 PTS.

But what about extra 10-15k who went to likes of Brighton match and will have some points.

May average 22-25k but it's not the same people every week.

Outside ST holders there are slot that may go to 5-10 games a year

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

Are you basing this on the assumption that it's the same 7-8,000 (over and above the ST holders) that turn up week on week?

Because I'll wager the pool of people that go to a fair number of games each season will be above 10,000 possibly 15,000. So it's easily possible that there are 10,000 people sat with 100+ or 50+ points waiting for tomorrow.

I think it will surprise people how many these categories contain.

But what about extra 10-15k who went to likes of Brighton match and will have some points.

May average 22-25k but it's not the same people every week.

Outside ST holders there are slot that may go to 5-10 games a year

Well, deduct the Brighton fans away end attendance from the Brighton fixture. Take off 22k for the average attendance. This leave you with what? 5-7K??

As I said, some will want to go with family members so wont purchase just their 1 ticket for themselves.

I think people are using flawed logic expecting one category to be far busier than others.

If there were hardly fans that fall into 100TPP they wouldn't have set it at 100. They'd have chosen 80 or 60.

I expect both 100 and 50 to have similar numbers.

And 20.

Possibly 10 being the biggest group.

Yes but to average 23,000 there are probably 50,000+ supporters that went to a match.

Yes and how many of those are season ticket holders, half season ticket holders and members?

And how many of those who have paid to attend individual games have borrowed their mates memberships to get a discount or had their mates who are season ticket holders buy them tickets.

You then have to assume that not EVERY season ticket holder and member will be going to the final.

This'll make general sale.