Ticket Announcement

Guest Grez Bez

Luckily I think there will be loads who have been to games but not bought on an ID (Like me)

Hope to god it goes to General sale but we'll see

its impossible to know, but a quick thought

We had over 30k at Cardiff and if they all got client ID, then there is no chance of general sale.

I'm sure Dunsby would confirm but I think in 66 our allocation for the cup final was (as it was for all finalist's clubs in those days) scandalously small. I think it was something shocking like 15000. On the plus side, I'm pleased to say that Dusty Springfield's pet chihuahua, Mao Tse Tung, Marvin Gaye, Fanny Craddock and the dead body of JFK all enjoyed their complimentary tickets as they staggered about pissed in the corporate hospitality suite from 1pm to 6pm. That's how it was, in the good old days! :laugh:

We have sold 25k of our 39k which is about 63%.

The remaining 2 days have 2 categories each day, compared to one full day for the previous. This could say these categories are smaller, not bigger.

Sunday morning and Monday morning only give a priority of 5 hours for some people. This could also show that these categories are smaller.

By same token as s we have only c15k ST holders must have sold 10k tickets today.... would make no sense to prioritise two categories on the Sunday before the match if these categories were small..

I'd guess c8k will go tomorrow leaving 6k for Monday / Tuesday?

I have a suggestion..........

Could we make a pole to see where people are at with their points? 100, 50, 20 and 10.......then a category for those waiting for general sale.

This could give us a clue.

Edited by iliveinthenow

Just a guess but I reckon they'll be more with 100+ points than those with 10 to 50 points.

As others have said, I'd hazard a guess that a lot of fans with 100+ points will already have membership. Financially it makes sense for them to do so.

Main reason for prioritising and staggering categories of fans is possibly to stop 30,000+ folks turning up at the Ticket Office on the first day of sale.

Whilst the vast majority of tickets are being bought on-line, I was at the Ticket Office / Owls Megastore earlier this week and, despite the on-line sales, folks were still queuing up around the block.

Ive got over 300 points and I always buy at least 2 tickets, sometimes 3. For me and my lads. I need 2 tickets for me and my youngest but all the points are in my name. I assume I can only buy one in the morning

Anyone have any ideas which would be the best place to choose (if theres a choice) so I can get another close by when they go on general sale (if they do)

I fear only one of us will be going

How annoyed will u be if it makes general sale?

What a bizarre thing to say. It won't annoy me at all.

Regardless of whether it does or not there will be 38,600 Wednesday fans there.

I can only assume you are saying this because I shared what a good source at the club told me. It's the Owlstalk way lol

Crucify posters who we think knows something but doesn't say.

Crucify posters who do tell what they know if it's not what we want to hear.

I was told that it was very unlikely tickets would make general sale and I posted it to try and make sure the fans most worthy get tickets and don't give up their chance waiting for friends and family who may not get one.

Whether the club source will be right or wrong I don't know. But more likely to be right than wrong I would have thought.

Guest Grez Bez

I can only assume you are saying this because I shared what a good source at the club told me. It's the Owlstalk way lol

I was told that it was very unlikely tickets would make general sale and I posted it to try and make sure the fans most worthy get tickets and don't give up their chance waiting for friends and family who may not get one.

Whether the club source will be right or wrong I don't know. But more likely to be right than wrong I would have thought.

Secretly you'd love it if it didn't go to GS though wouldn't you?

AMB1867 didn't like it when I said we had the lower tier v Brighton the day before it was announced.

I was talking bollacks apparently lol

You've gone from topic to topic telling everyone there is no chance of it making general sale. Telling us about this person at the club you know. In reality you know nowt.

But now you've changed your tune, general sale is now "unlikely". lol

He actually said there was no chance.

I was just paraphrasing.

And you are right, I do know nowt. Apart from what the club source told me.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

The clues were there right from the off with the ticket guarantee cut-off. If people chose to ignore them then more fool them IMO.

No one knows how many 100+ and 50+ IDs there are out there.

I appreciate why some have waited, but to blindly say it will go to general sale is foolhardy IMO.