The Owls vs Brighton. Official Matchday Thread

Afternoon chums

Well it's here ............. singularly the most important game for 20 years.

I'm neither nervous nor confident but after supporting the Wednesday for nye on 60 years at last I truly believe we have a proper team to do ourselves proud. The last 6 years have been a reyt roller coaster for both Ollie and I. we have wept together prayed together and begged together but today we can celebrate together.

I've sat and explained to Ollie what play offs means......... I dont think he really understands but once he hears the Old Lady bouncing he will really understand. what beind an Owl is really about.

Ive been in Hillsborough when there has been 50k plus v Man Ure........................I've bee to loads of derbies v the pigs...............I was there for the masacre.............but tonight the atmosphere could eclipse everything I've seen or felt......ever.

Whatever happens , a sincere thankyou to Lee Stafford, Milan, and Dephon for rescuing our club when I thought it was not possible. Thankyou to our Carlos for showing the world that we can play slick attacking football, thanks to you my fellow fans who spend money to be at S6 week in week out.  Thanks to the hard core travelling fans who create such a wonderful wonderful noise at grounds up and down the land.

Most of all thanks to the squad.......everyone........together you have shown the world what the word TEAM means. Tonight my friends you ALL have the opportunity to join David Hirst, John Sherriden, Chris Waddle and the many legends who are SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY.

thank you all...............NOW MAKE AN OLD MAN VERY ....................OR A HAPPY MAN VERY OLD

COME ON WEDNESDAY..........JUST TURN UP AND DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT

Was thinking just the same (about the date - 50 years since 66 cup final) this morning getting the jallopy to crank. Also we need to get the barstewards back for 83. Does that sheehite Foster still play for them? :laugh: I'd like us to give him some reason to wear that faarkin bandage! 

Edited by VictoryBell

It's been a pretty low key run into this match from our (Brighton) perspective. The draw at Middlesbrough along with Stephens sending off has left us pretty deflated if truth be told. The two previous games this season were pretty dour affairs, so I guess we should expect something similar tonight. Our team will be something like this:

Stockdale

Bruno-Greer©-Goldson-Rosenior

Knockaert-Sidwell-Kayal-Skalak

Hemed-Baldock

Our main threat is down the wings, Knockaert has been playing pretty well he's quite tricky, Skalak is all over the place but has decent set piece delivery. All the best for tonight and good luck at Wembley if it's you guys that get through.

Just about to set off to my English school to teach today's class - all this afternoon's and evening's are CANCELLED.

Today's theme...SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOOTBALL CLUB!!

After that to Bar Amelinha...persuaded a number of my Gremio mates to sack off work early and come and support us...good lads!!

Hope to the bloke upstairs that the lads are well up for this

Last time I felt this excited was the cup match against Charlton with a view to playing the piggies and we didn't turn up.

JUST DO IT

UTO

CCCCCOOOMMMEEEEE OOONNNN

Edited by Silkstone Owl