Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

Halesowenowl is clearly Big Guns. Bet his mate told him down the pub as well lol

My mate is nobody, not even a wednesdayite, but he called a couple of seemingly random things last year (didnt post it at the time coz i thought it was b0ll0cks, and he's called nothing since). 

The Hooper that finished the season, needs to step up his work rate, or he'll find himself starting from the bench. His finishing is usually top class, no arguments, but the side can't afford to carry a six yard poacher. Everyone needs to work hard for the side, in or out of possession 

Edited by gurujuan

39 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The Hooper that finished the season, needs to step up his work rate, or he'll find himself starting from the bench. His finishing is usually top class, no arguments, but the side can't afford to carry a six yard poacher. Everyone needs to work hard for the side, in or out of possession 

Re-watch the Cardiff vid.

The only match in the entire run-in that he wasn't placed alongside Fessi.

Doesnt that tell you something?

58 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Hooper has played 30 in the Prem and scored 6. At our level he is utterly lethal.

Fletcher has played 189 in the Prem and scored 53. Imagine what he will do to Championship defences.

If Hooper commands 32k, then I can't imagine 40k will stop us for Fletcher.

And what a pairing they could be. Not forgetting the small matter of Fernando destroying from the left.

I still think we also need a pacy striker who plays on the shoulder of centre halves . Someone who can run onto a through ball . A Plan B  to mix it up . We dont have anyone like this. Fletcher and a pacy striker would see us set up nicely 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I still think we also need a pacy striker who plays on the shoulder of centre halves . Someone who can run onto a through ball . A Plan B  to mix it up . We dont have anyone like this. Fletcher and a pacy striker would see us set up nicely 

Hooper and Fletcher, supported by Fessi and A.N.Other would be amazing. Don't worry.

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Agree, Nahki Wells or Dwight Gayle.  Sometimes all it requires is the threat of getting in behind to push a defence back 3-4 yards deeper to allow the space for midfielders to play.  I know people have mentioned a midfield enforcer, but I see the requirement more as an athletic midfielder to run the channels and pull the opposition around.  like you said plan b (and c and d).

43 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We have Joao. If he bulks up a little, gets on with things rather than sulking, and plays in a more familiar 433/451, he could be devastating at this level. 

He he could be our Troy Deeney/Andre Gray. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Agree 100%. Technically a very good player, but very frustrating and you have to make sacrifices to get the best out of him. You don't build teams around players like Hooper or you end up midtable, but with the leagues top scorer.

Guest wilyfox

Christ, we're goin round in circles. Time for DC to make some sweet sweet love to the transfer market.  

If Fletcher is on 40k a week that is more than Hooper, 32k allegedly, but he won't cost a transfer fee so ultimately will be probably cheaper. 

At present Sky Bet have us as favourites to sign him at 4/5 with Celtic just behind at 11/8 in what appears to be a two-club race.

31 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

2.5 million I read

OK, good player though. Thats three midfield signings, following the earlier captures of O'Neil and Brownhill. They needed to bolster that area, as it was their weakest link, except for when they played us of course

Edited by gurujuan