The Owls vs Cardiff City. Official Matchday Thread

Why am I so frigging nervous!!!!!!!

Come on Wednesday!!!!!

WAWAW

Because we all are......................even the mst optimistic of us have a severe bout of the 'jangles'.

Absolutely love Carlos' challenge to the fans.  What's he going to do before the play-off final?

Morning all you fellow nervous-therefore-sleep-deprived-therefore-posting-early owlstalkers.

As far as omens go, my daughter has started the day well for us. She woke up because she thinks she heard an owl. And the two things she's refusing to let go of are her toy owl and her Wednesday teddy.

This is happening. Believe.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our fortress home, to ride out the storm of attack, and to outlive the menace of Welsh tyranny, if necessary for at least 90 minutes (+ injury time), if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of SWFC fans-every man / woman of them, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength. Even though large tracts of the Championship and many old and famous teams have fallen or may fall into the grip of a further season in this division to the end, we shall fight in S6, we shall fight on the pitch and we shall fight (maybe in the pub) with growing confidence and growing strength in the play-offs, we shall defend our football team, whatever the cost may be, we shall we fight on the field and in S6, we shall fight in the Hillsborogh; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this club or a large part of it were subjugated and miss out on the play-off's then our football team, armed and guarded by the WAWAW, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the Foristieri, with all his power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation from the cold.

I was a young man in my late teens just touching 20, so had been brought up with our new super striker David Layne after Keith Ellis and before Warboys,

John Ritchie. So Alan Warboys was very raw when we got him. Thing is he was showing significant improvement when we got rid of him.

Nice bloke and eventually a decent front man, but we never really benefitted.

After Warboys Rotherham worked us a powder offloading Steve Downes onto us. The Star Headline about Rotherham striker signing for Owls got me going as I thought it must have been Trevor Phillips who was very good but alas no !

The one that got me. back in the seventies was being on the bus and seeing the the Star seller on High Street, his poster read " OWLS SIGN TODD" I couldn't believe we had managed to sign Colin Todd. Balloon burst when I got home to find it was Sammy Todd we'd signed

Nervy day today but hoping we can force a draw to see us over the line.

Excellent OMDT Pauli...very excited now..oh and I've just been on the phone and thought I would share this message from another one of our 'famous' supporters..

"I love you all Sheffield Wednesday fans and give good luck and full energy and MASSIVE ..( Freshfish he told me to use that word... :rolleyes: ) very loud support to the team and my beloved Carlos...smash the Cardiff Red/Bluebirds and I will come to the Wembley for finals...all my love ..."

Janicio:

post-140-0-65225800-1461998477.jpg

Have a plus from me for the entire post but mostly for bringing Curtis out when he's most needed.

I actually fear for today, mostly as a result of a dream last night where I went for a run and heard over my headphones that we were 2-0 down after 17 mins... but then the dream also involved the kick off being brought forward to midday without my knowledge (hence me being out running during the game) and also the fact that I was actually out running which makes it an entirely unrealistic dream.

So actually, I'm confident of a 3-1 victory.

Curtis Mayfield was prooobeeerbly the first record I ever bought ,

Its a sign i tell thee . 

As for 33 missing the most importantist game in our history , by gob is smacked .

Full house usually does the trick 3-1 to the Massive .

Lee Hooper and Fessi . 

Rob Brydon for them .

Great OMDT. I had a dream last night. We won promotion through the playoffs. The victory parade was routed down bumhole stain to rub it in. The players were throwing cans of Carling and mooning oinkers off the open topped bus, who had turned up. Not eating cheese before bed again! Hope we can take a step closer today. UTO's

what we need today is to get at em from minute 1 like we did against middlesborough in crunch game 2years ago and got 2-0 in front early on and killed game off. if we play like we have most of last few home games we will only start playing 2nd half ,play negative and they could get away with a 1-0 Pilkington free kick ,need to forget about draw mentality has got to be win at all costs cant see us getting a 0-0 and I don't think our nerves could cope with that.

Gunna muller em.

4-0 (Nuhiu 4).

Posted from Warrington Sat outside with a mug of tea and a bacon and egg barm as they call it here. Awaiting the Open match at Partridge Lakes Fishery.

Will put the commentary on my phone later. Hoping for a Wednesday and Partridge win double