FL respond to recent FF incidents

Guest HighGreen_Owl

I agree that FF has been very harshly treated in recent weeks, but I can see why he attracts suspicion. I love the fact he plays for us and that he appears to love playing for our club, but I do think he goes to ground too theatrically. There's no point in us being too one eyed about FF because refs and opposing fans will be all over him if he appears to be simulating going forwards. If I was CC I'd be encouraging FF to be a little stronger and to try to stay on his feet more.

There's a big difference between being 'theatrical' and diving to con referees though. I can completely understand Forestieri trying to attract the referees attention with the way he goes down sometimes, but I've literally never seen him dive in a Wednesday shirt, not once. If anyone can show me otherwise I'd gladly change my opinion on that. It shouldn't be too hard, since all I keep hearing is stuff about his 'reputation'.

If Carlos did as you suggest and told him to stay on his feet more and be stronger I'd genuinely expect him to walk out of the club and go play somewhere else, because I don't think Forestieri has anything to apologise for. In my eyes he's one of the very few players who actually does his utmost to stay on his feet with all the challenges flying in on him, because he knows he is capable of doing more in open play than from a free kick.

What a bad response from the FL. Not one mention towards FF. Nothing mentioned when you said the referee should admit his mistake and not hide. 

That is a automated response that they have to reply to you with. Again backing the poor standards of referee's we have in the country. 

I do wish you would have mentioned investment into fitness and training as it seems they are in the stone age still with the game becoming a lot faster. 

Well done for writing and although it is not the response you wanted it starts to put the pressure on. 

What I dont understand is that they can take back a red card and admit they are wrong but wont take back a yellow when they are wrong. Seems corrupt to me and odd that they will admit one mistake but not another. 

In the response they mention the 'benefit of replays'. We have the technology now so get it used. Its destroying the game and I am sick of watching these poor performances. They need help and are only human but how many times have we seen unfit referee's this year which is in the referee's power to control. Its beyond a joke. 

So who do we hold accountable for these pathetic decisions. The FL, The panl that watch or the referee?

If they defend the referee then it is the panels fault for letting the referee's carry on. If it is not the panel and the FL think they are doing a good job then the FL needs some serious looking into. 

I can take bad decisions but this FF thing is ridiculous and we have not even had an apology or acknowledgement that the referee was wrong. That is against FAIR PLAY and makes me put two fingers up to the RESPECT campaign as they clearly do not respect us as fans or the players. 

I can see argument about FF yellow cards should be rescinded but basically ref got it wrong, rules state no appeals on the booking and we move on. People are going on about it now likes its a human rights issue.

yeah i know the rules. 

THE RULES ARE IDIOTIC. 

How can you admit fault for a red and have it rescinded but not a yellow. Its just plain stupid. 

yeah i know the rules. 

THE RULES ARE IDIOTIC. 

How can you admit fault for a red and have it rescinded but not a yellow. Its just plain stupid. 

I can see the FL / FA point that they would bee to many appeals for them to cope with. Many clubs would just make frivolous appeals to take attention away from a bad performance.

Think a better idea would be clubs are allowed to appeal a yellow card but only allowed 1 or maybe 2 per season. That would get rid of the frivolous appeals.

I can see the FL / FA point that they would bee to many appeals for them to cope with. Many clubs would just make frivolous appeals to take attention away from a bad performance.

Think a better idea would be clubs are allowed to appeal a yellow card but only allowed 1 or maybe 2 per season. That would get rid of the frivolous appeals.

could do it like they do in Tennis. 3 chances and if your correct in the appeal you keep your chance to appeal still. If you are wrong you lose it. 

They can cope with these appeals there is only 46 games in the Football League & Premier League over a weekend. If they cant then why don't they use some of the daft money to employ a few more people. It would cost maximum 250K a year to hire and train a team to review the yellow cards.

Another thing is dont clubs get punished for unsucessful appeals anyway to deter form clubs appealing in the first place? It wouldnt be any different then 

Sorry if i've missed this but did FF get booked for theatrics at Derby? Surely not as he was plainly elbowed in the ribs?

It's getting to the point now where if a defender wins the ball and the other guy falls over as a result then it must be

a dive and therefore a yellow? Bonkers

Dear Ian Football,

Thank you for your response to our enquiry pointing out that loads of your refs are absolute prannocks.

We understand that you seek to maintain the highest standards of officiating but due to circumstances beyond your control this may not always be possible, because frankly your levels of control are similar to a man without arms, eyes, a mouth and oxygen attempting to direct traffic.

I would point you in the direction of the recently-published Football League Appraisal Charter, specifically Section 3: Match Officials, subsection 2: Match Officals Who Are Prannocks, which reads;

'All of your officials are prannocks except Keith Hackett, quite liked him oh and Roger Milford who at least looked happy but would have been more popular, like Milford Haven, if he'd dropped the 'ord' from his name'

We sincerely hope you die in a fire.

Yours,

Owlstalk

could do it like they do in Tennis. 3 chances and if your correct in the appeal you keep your chance to appeal still. If you are wrong you lose it. 

They can cope with these appeals there is only 46 games in the Football League & Premier League over a weekend. If they cant then why don't they use some of the daft money to employ a few more people. It would cost maximum 250K a year to hire and train a team to review the yellow cards.

Another thing is dont clubs get punished for unsucessful appeals anyway to deter form clubs appealing in the first place? It wouldnt be any different then 

I think another problem is they is bound to be inconsistency with the appeals which would create more problems then solve.

Think FF ones discussed at length on here are pretty clear cut but many are 50/50 which even after seeing several times from different angles you are still not sure about.

Well done to the op for trying and to big thin Rob also , but it as shown in the reply it falls on deaf ears  referees are protected like nearly extinct animals from grassroots upwards to the top level very rarely will anything come from complaints .more likely if the club or FF challenged it the opposite would happen .and would end in more games missed and a hefty fine 

Edited by trevdi9

It's not a bad idea but if clubs were restricted then other obvious incorrect decisions (after review or admission by opposition (Michael Dawson for instance)) may never be reviewed. I think that if the Referees' Association and governing bodies of the 2 English football leagues want to ensure correct decisions are being made, then each appeal raised by a particular club must be reviewed.

Each appeal will have an "administration" fee, covering all costs to review. Maybe on tiered system, depending on league or some other criteria, so that all can afford this process. The body undertaking the review would be financially covered for their time and other expenditure and if this body was a non-profit organisation, any money left over can go in to grass roots football, for example. If the appeal is successful then maybe part or all of the appeal fee could be returned.

It's just an idea off the top of my head. I haven't thought long and hard about it, so there maybe some glaring flaws in this suggestion. However something must be done.

The letter of response to the OP from the FL basically admits that they know referees make, genuine, mistakes. In the cold light of day, as football fans we know and realise that the role of a referee is not easy, as they must make split second decisions and often for a variety of reasons get these wrong. It isn't their fault of course, it really is just one of those things, but in today's game where big money and high stakes are involved mitigating these mistakes is paramount and referees need more help. We have all said it a 1000 times over, but they simple way to deal with this would be by video review. This may need to be retrospectively, rather than "live", but as long as the correct outcome is made, then I do not see an issue with this.

After all there is a "dubious goals" panel so why can't there be a "dubious decisions" panel?

There's a big difference between being 'theatrical' and diving to con referees though. I can completely understand Forestieri trying to attract the referees attention with the way he goes down sometimes, but I've literally never seen him dive in a Wednesday shirt, not once. If anyone can show me otherwise I'd gladly change my opinion on that. It shouldn't be too hard, since all I keep hearing is stuff about his 'reputation'.

If Carlos did as you suggest and told him to stay on his feet more and be stronger I'd genuinely expect him to walk out of the club and go play somewhere else, because I don't think Forestieri has anything to apologise for. In my eyes he's one of the very few players who actually does his utmost to stay on his feet with all the challenges flying in on him, because he knows he is capable of doing more in open play than from a free kick.

Fair enough if that's how you see it, but I'm not so convinced. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying FF has anything to apologise about or that he hasn't been subject to some shocking decisions, but I do personally believe he could help himself by being less theatrical. All about how we all interpret the game I guess. Lastly I do still love that he plays for us, honest .

Listening to the radio today about West Ham. They to have contacted the FA regarding bad refereeing decisions. Apparently the programme You're the Ref i think it was have looked in to the contentious issues involving West ham and have come to the conclusion that 82% of those decisions were wrong. Not sure how they come to the conclusion but they reckon if the decisions had gone in their favour they would be 2nd in the Prem