Biggest let down of a signing?

Which player have we signed that you were quite excited about but turned out to be a huge disappointment?

I would have to say Gilles De Bilde. I actually thought when we signed him he would solve our goal scoring problems! He turned out to be a disaster and what Paul Jewell said about him summed up his attitude!

Horrible times, which De Bilde sums up I reckon!

Nigel Jemson.

I remember him saying he was joining us to improve his England ambitions.

When Hirsty set him up for a simple tap in infront of the Kop on his debut v Southampton, can anyone recall where the ball ended up?

What!?

He was a cracking little player.

...he just wasn't what I expected...and I was younger...and expecting a more exciting player...not a comment on his abilities just a comment on my own disappointment ...

Andy Sinton for sure.

I thought he was going to be the final link towards a genuine title push. 

Of the recent signings, I have a feeling that Matias might turn out not to be up to expectations (of course, there's plenty of time for that to be disproved).

Edited by ChinaOwl

Sinton was an England international but was amazed how one much of a one trick pony he was when he turned up. Had no craft whatsoever.

For me though it has to be David graham. Signed as our main striker, he was absolutely diabolical and no better than a pub footballer.