Biggest let down of a signing?

Wim Jonk,can't fault his ability,but his desire was lacking for the latter part of our last season in the prem.

His total lack of desire was bad enough, what was worse was the crippling wages that he picked up without playing for months on end.

Its not worse signing remember, but biggest let-down.

Of recent times I genuinely hoped Bothroyd would be one of the better strikers in the Championship.

De Bilde is probably the obvious one in my years watching since the 90s - was signed as an expensive number 1 striker and just never showed up.

Always got slightly excited by a youngster from a Premier league side like Chelsea or Arsenal - so was thoroughly disappointed with how poor the likes of Leon Knight, Jimmy Smith and Sanchez Watt were.

I think it's bit harsh including Stevie May in this thread. Sure we all hoped he'd do better, but to be fair to the lad I think he gave it 100%. If he had been more successful on the pitch I think he'd have become a real fans favourite as he seems a good lad. Also we made money on him on his transfer to Preston.

In contrast to SM, many of the failures highlighted by this thread seemed to be stealing a wage from our club.

Edited by East Yorks Owl

Sinton was awful for 2.7m, no left foot or pace, just cut in and did nowt.

I was a young boy at time but gary Thompson was a major let down for 500k ish, a lot of brass in mid 80's.

Dave Bennett was crap n all, most/all of Wilson's signings too

Guest Ferkorf

I think it's bit harsh including Stevie May in this thread. Sure we all hoped he'd do better, but to be fair to the lad I think he gave it 100%. If he had been more successful on the pitch I think he'd have become a real fans favourite as he seems a good lad. Also we made money on him on his transfer to Preston.

In contrast to SM, many of the failures highlighted by this thread seemed to be stealing a wage from our club.

The reason I put him as a let down was because of the hype surrounding him like he was going to be a goalscoring saviour and he wasn't hence 'Let down' but through no fault of his own it was us as fans as usual exepecting him to be a footballing god.

Barry horne was a let down because of his signing as whole not because of him as a player, in a relegation fight and sign barry horne... let down..