Biggest let down of a signing?

We've had some good uns over the years.

De Bilde would take the accolade in my time watching Wednesday.

I remember when we signed both him and Sibon - £5m spent between the pair, knowing that was our total transfer budget gone for the season.

After the first few games of seeing De Bilde play it was becoming apparent he just would not be able to cut it.

At least Sibon had occasional moments of brilliance but De Bilde, crikey.

I remember when we signed Sibon I was away on a lads holiday in Benidorm and I saw it whilst hungover on Sky news, I was still in a bit of a tangle from the night before, misheard and thought we'd signed Seedorf.

Told all my mates and for the rest of the day we honestly thought we'd signed Clarence Seedorf, needless to say the following day when my mate bought a copy of the Sun it was a big let down.

I remember when we signed Sibon I was away on a lads holiday in Benidorm and I saw it whilst hungover on Sky news, I was still in a bit of a tangle from the night before, misheard and thought we'd signed Seedorf.

Told all my mates and for the rest of the day we honestly thought we'd signed Clarence Seedorf, needless to say the following day when my mate bought a copy of the Sun it was a big let down.

I hope you didn't mistake Sticky Vicky for Tricky lol

Both entertaining in their own special ways of course.

Clinton Morrison, or Garry Thompson.

Thomo hands down.

One of my first ever aways he destroyed us in a 2-2 draw v Baggies.

When he signed i thought he would be amazing. He was, but not in the way I thought.

Sad, cos aparently he was a top bloke, and he was a superb athlete. Just not a footballer.

Stevie May massively. Didn't the thread reach 100 pages?

John Bostock excited me. Thought he'd be the guy to make the difference and take us up. As it was, we did go up. Bostock made no impact though.

Jay Bothroyd another one. Turned up for one game which was, funnily enough, on SKY. Go figure.

But for every Stevie May & Francis Jeffers over-hyped signing....you get an under the radar Kieran Lee type signing.

Stevie May.

Kept saying how shiiite he was, only to get slagged off by posters saying,

"he cant work with balls like that"

Far from me being personal, but that just smacks off two hatness.

:columbo:

Edited by daleblue

Any of the left backs signed after Don Megson and before Worthington.

Harold Wilcockson, Jim Craig, Sammy Todd. Then in the middle either Larry May or Guy Branston.

All had big reputations and some were internationals.

Most recently Stevie May, turned out a very disappointing signing.

From years gone by,

Lloyed Owusu, scored for fun at Brentford but got stage fright turning out for us.

DeBilde Lazy and looked to be taking wee wee. 

Ian Fleming, bit like Stevie May scored lots of goals up in Scotland but struggled when he came to us.