Favoured Formation

With a whole host of players returning from injury, could CC's hand be forced into trying a new formation?

I know a lot of people have a devout preference for playing 4-4-2 but, then again, I think that could potentially sideline players such as Hutch and Matias- potential game-changers in terms of ability. Does Hutch fit in at CB or would people prefer to bring him into the middle in a 4-5-1... or even 4-4-2 with Lee out wide?

We saw how a 4-4-1-1 could work for us in the Fulham game (Cup). Granted a few first teamers were rested... Maybe, with Matias or Fessi where Sougou played, it could be extremely effective.

The way I see it, 4-2-3-1 is the best way to go, but that's one person's opinion.

I'd say:

Hutch         Bannan

Wallace/Matias           Lee                Fessi

Joao/Hoops

... Think that looks pretty potent as a front 6, what do you reckon?

With a whole host of players returning from injury, could CC's hand be forced into trying a new formation?

I know a lot of people have a devout preference for playing 4-4-2 but, then again, I think that could potentially sideline players such as Hutch and Matias- potential game-changers in terms of ability. Does Hutch fit in at CB or would people prefer to bring him into the middle in a 4-5-1... or even 4-4-2 with Lee out wide?

We saw how a 4-4-1-1 could work for us in the Fulham game (Cup). Granted a few first teamers were rested... Maybe, with Matias or Fessi where Sougou played, it could be extremely effective.

The way I see it, 4-2-3-1 is the best way to go, but that's one person's opinion.

I'd say:

Hutch         Bannan

Wallace/Matias           Lee                Fessi

Joao/Hoops

... Think that looks pretty potent as a front 6, what do you reckon?

Yeah I'd go with that, just swap Lee for Bannan. Wallace/Matias and Joao/hooper to rotate. Nuhiu to come on if we need another body up there.

Can see us changing formation at the end of the season (assuming that CC stays here for next year), but certainly for the remainder of this season I can't see us sticking to anything other than 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 that we've been playing the last few games unless circumstances dictate we change it.

No need to change winning formula etc

Our formation is fluid , the only players that tend to stay in the formation for the whole game are the goal keeper and the two centre backs so in essence we might play 

or even the famous DA 411 

When we are defending everyone has a role and a zone to account for but attacking its more fluid , thats why Carlos keeps referring to the Dynamic of the team . 

Not really a straight 442 though is it. 442/433/4231/451 at any one time.

Have to agree with this

I think if you took the "base formation" it'd be 4-4-2

But it's incredibly flexible when we're on the attack and hybrids into pretty much any or all of the above at times. Which is really fantastic to see... makes it very difficult for the defensive team to anticipate what's going on

Think Carlos's favoured formation is 4-3-3, and I think the early recruitment was geared towards that. However, I think he's flexible, and will play the system that best utilises the players at his disposal. He might switch back to 4-3-3 when he has all the players at his disposal

Personally I don't think it's good to have a static formation apart from maybe the back 4 and a holding midfielder. The rest of the team should have the ability to alternate and switch positions whilst maintaining a good defensive structure when we don't have the ball.