Time to leave the old Stadium.

We've got a white elephant of a stadium. There are trees and weeds growing out of places where you wouldn't normally expect to see trees, and weeds. So let's sell it to Taylor Wimpey, or Barratts,  or Currys/ PC World, put the £500,000 down as a deposit and build something fit for purpose, instead of wasting another £22million removing posts/columns and buying 400 tonnes of blue paint.

Everyone is making progress with theirs (see link below) but short of bolting on a largely unnecessary extension to the South Stand at massive expense to the club, we've done nowt to ours in twenty-odd years.

We've got holes in every corner of the ground, not exactly "enhancing"  the atmosphere. We're on a river flood plain n'all, so it's only a matter of time before the Desso is covered in plop - again.

So, we can rip up the new Desso and take it with us, as well as the shiny new big TV in the corner. That is reasonably portable on a big truck.

We're all using cars and stuff now, instead of penny farthings and horse/carts, so we can get to pretty much any part of Sheffield in 15 minutes.  Where could we relocate too?  We're only the other side of the hill to the Don Valley, near to the M1 and 5 minutes from town, on the tram route, plus next to a railway line, etc... etc...

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/about-the-author/developments.html

Let the abuse - and arguments - begin.

Happy New Year.

WTF:

Look at the designs for the new Tottenham and Chelsea stadiums, Lego?

It does not have to be a Reading / Toy-Town rip-off.  You commission people called "Architects", with a brief to design something resembling a Football Stadium and not a Tesco store.

Edited by maidstoneowl

I'll start. I agree completely IF a suitable location can be found and the club kept ALL the income the new stadium generates. Otherwise it will be a pointless and vey expensive exercise. As for location, I've no idea. Where is there a genuine demand for retail / commercial expansion in the City that could also accommodate a new football stadium.

There's that old industrial park for sale at Neepsend which is over 13 acres of land... if that was buildable then it'd only be a mile up the road from Hillsborough, closer to the city centre and a large enough site that you could get far better facilities, access and car park etc on site. 

But I literally know nothing about it, probably not possible to turn that area into somewhere suitable for playing football on