Time to leave the old Stadium.

If a decent site could be found that could accomodate could transport links, plenty of parking etc...and we had the money to actually build a 'proper stadium'...then I'm all for it.

But I do think we have a good thing with Hillsborough, but it's not a quick fix. We've got plans of doing something with the West Stand...it's probably going to be a home stand in years to come.  I do think we need to buy more land.

Chansiri and his minions do regular walks around the stadium & the stands so will be well aware of what needs sorting. But it can't be done over night.

The big job of last summer was the pitch & scoreboard. Plus a bit of renovation of the executive areas.

This summer, instead of 'pitch cam'...we might have 'concourse cam'....or 'stadium painting cam'.

Something will be happening though, I'm sure of that.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Build stadium mk near junction 35 of the m1 and it would be mega...coyld you imagine goin to home games with an away game atmos?..stadium mk even with just 21k inside wud be rocking...im sick of the flat souless expierience of home games

That's down to the supporters (including you......) not the feckin' building you dilbert!

A bit too out of town for me mate.

People make the atmosphere, if we moved our home support would sit in silence then blame the new stadium.

Well maybe it would change if we moved. Part of the problem is the draconian stewarding at Hillsborough since the disaster, which isn't going to change all the while we're still there.

We've got a white elephant of a stadium. There are trees and weeds growing out of places where you wouldn't normally expect to see trees, and weeds. So let's sell it to Taylor Wimpey, or Barratts,  or Currys/ PC World, put the £500,000 down as a deposit and build something fit for purpose, instead of wasting another £22million removing posts/columns and buying 400 tonnes of blue paint.

Everyone is making progress with theirs (see link below) but short of bolting on a largely unnecessary extension to the South Stand at massive expense to the club, we've done nowt to ours in twenty-odd years.

We've got holes in every corner of the ground, not exactly "enhancing"  the atmosphere. We're on a river flood plain n'all, so it's only a matter of time before the Desso is covered in plop - again.

So, we can rip up the new Desso and take it with us, as well as the shiny new big TV in the corner. That is reasonably portable on a big truck.

We're all using cars and stuff now, instead of penny farthings and horse/carts, so we can get to pretty much any part of Sheffield in 15 minutes.  Where could we relocate too?  We're only the other side of the hill to the Don Valley, near to the M1 and 5 minutes from town, on the tram route, plus next to a railway line, etc... etc...

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/about-the-author/developments.html

Let the abuse - and arguments - begin.

Happy New Year.

WTF:

No need to leave Hillsbro , just a little modernisation is all that is needed. .

Its our home

Simples.

We've got a white elephant of a stadium. There are trees and weeds growing out of places where you wouldn't normally expect to see trees, and weeds. So let's sell it to Taylor Wimpey, or Barratts,  or Currys/ PC World, put the £500,000 down as a deposit and build something fit for purpose, instead of wasting another £22million removing posts/columns and buying 400 tonnes of blue paint.

Everyone is making progress with theirs (see link below) but short of bolting on a largely unnecessary extension to the South Stand at massive expense to the club, we've done nowt to ours in twenty-odd years.

We've got holes in every corner of the ground, not exactly "enhancing"  the atmosphere. We're on a river flood plain n'all, so it's only a matter of time before the Desso is covered in plop - again.

So, we can rip up the new Desso and take it with us, as well as the shiny new big TV in the corner. That is reasonably portable on a big truck.

We're all using cars and stuff now, instead of penny farthings and horse/carts, so we can get to pretty much any part of Sheffield in 15 minutes.  Where could we relocate too?  We're only the other side of the hill to the Don Valley, near to the M1 and 5 minutes from town, on the tram route, plus next to a railway line, etc... etc...

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/about-the-author/developments.html

Let the abuse - and arguments - begin.

Happy New Year.

WTF:

I think you should be posting this bollo**s on your own site, so you can debate it with your piggy little friends. If you've got any ? UTO

Ah well in that case you won't need a season ticket. There's always loads of weirdos vacating their seats 10 minutes before time even when we're winning & playing entertaining football. So there's a big saving for you 😂😂😂

Ha ha then I'd become a proper owlstalker. Don't go to matches but moan about what I heard on t'wireless 😕😕😕

Guest JohnFantham

Having been to quite a few of these grounds on the outskirts of towns and Cities, I for one wouldn't move away from our ground.I loved visiting Newcastles ground this season in the centre and would be happy to build our ground up over the coming years similar.

I genuinely don't understand this "Lego" / "flat pack" stuff. What is wrong with having a ground that has decent facilities and a good view from every seat? I also don't get the crap atmosphere nonsense becaue the atmosphere at Hillsborough is shocking most of the time.

For me the key to a new ground is location. These out of town grounds that are surrounded by retail parks and perhaps one Brewers Fayre type pub just don't work. It's far from easy (probably does not even exist) but a location closer to the city centre (better still.....walking distance) with good public transport links would be great. I would love to have a few beers in the city then walk to and from the ground.

What, you mean like that old ground we used to play in