January Transfer Window Thread

Get rid of the deadwood (Lachman, Dielna, Bus etc)

Bring in one or two extras as reinforcement.

Jobs a good 'un.

Exactly. Too many signings will disrupt the flow. Not including current loan players turned permanent, I wouldn't want to see more than 2/3 new faces join the club

Are we missing a JJ type player? Not sure how a pacey winger would actually fit in our system to be quite honest, as mad as it sounds!

Nick Blackman would be the Antonio/JJ type we've been missing.

Probably highly unrealistic and costly but just how well would he fit in here?

Pacey and able to play out wide or upfront and scoring plenty this season.

If we make one big signing and break the bank for one player, he would be my choice.

Over the likes of Rhodes and McCormack, who seem over-priced and highly unlikely.

How much would he cost, though? Doubt they'd sell to a top six chasing rival?

If not, I'd look for someone similar but cheaper but with pace to burn.

Romaine Sawyers, Zach Clough or Dwight Gayle (on loan)?

groin surgery, would like to see mcCleary from reading, antonio style player that makes fans stand up when hes running with the ball

I can't see us signing anyone from Reading due to the links between the respective boards? That said if we did do business with reading, I totally agree McCleary would be a very good acquisition.

I can't see us signing anyone from Reading due to the links between the respective boards? That said if we did do business with reading, I totally agree McCleary would be a very good acquisition.

Sorry for the ignorance, but other than the owners being from the same country, what further links do we have?

To be fair, "a few things" added

-Hooper to permanent (he's here already)

-Sigurdsson from Charlton

-New backup left-back (would love Afonso Figereirdo or that other young Portuguese lad we supposedly looked at from Braga[?])

-Pudil to permanent (he's here already)

Getting rid of the deadwood like McGugan, Dielna, Lachman etc and Wiggins to make room for the new LB

To me, that's pretty much the definition of "A few things" added, and just those few tweaks turn us from being close to play-offs to almost guaranteed play-offs this season... as well as set up fantastically for a summer transfer window of only a couple of tweaks needed and next season's push (If we don't get promoted this year!)

Wiggins ?? I remember you calling me all sorts for me daring to suggest he was poo when we signed him.

Guest wilyfox

Juan Carlos Paredes

Alejandro Faurlin

Believe you me.

You know of something afoot, or players you think might fit the bill?