January Transfer Window Thread

If we want promotion and then be in a position to remain in that league we need an experienced striker who can score goals, defend from the front, hold up play so the likes of FF can get forward and be an horrible bar steward that defenders hate playing against who will bully them rather than get bullied himself.

A guy that's feeling a little unappreciated

Step forward....... Stokes Mark Walters.

That's a statement of intent and a better role model for Lucas than big dave

If we want promotion and then be in a position to remain in that league we need an experienced striker who can score goals, defend from the front, hold up play so the likes of FF can get forward and be an horrible bar steward that defenders hate playing against who will bully them rather than get bullied himself.

A guy that's feeling a little unappreciated

Step forward....... Stokes Mark Walters.

That's a statement of intent and a better role model for Lucas than big dave

Mark Walters is 51 and hasn't played since 2002; I reckon we could do better.

gary megson

Now Jon Walters who plays for Stoke would be a great signing, but he's getting regular game time in the Premier League, so I can't see why he'd drop down a level.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

It's hard to work out what will happen really. A dominant centre back, I thought might be a priority, but now with Hutch slotting in as cover for Lees and Loovens, Sasso and Turner contesting the other slot, perhaps we don't. We probably do though, now need another defensive midfielder, depending on how far Melo is away. In fact that's key, how soon are we likely to see him and Matias? I don't think we'll see wholesale changes as we have cover in most areas. Whether that cover is good enough, is another matter, but have we seen enough to make a decision. Certainly, only one of the six loanees has done enough to earn a permanent contract, but again, you couldn't yet write the others off. I think we will use the rest of the season to take stock, and make a decision in May. That would be the sensible thing to do. With a midfield enforcer, and an improving injury situation, allowing us to find the right defensive pairings, we can tighten up at the back. Then we need to find someone to lead the line, someone who's ready to do the job that Joao will hopefully do in the future. So two new signings would probably do it.

Mark Walters is 51 and hasn't played since 2002; I reckon we could do better.

gary megson

Now Jon Walters who plays for Stoke would be a great signing, but he's getting regular game time in the Premier League, so I can't see why he'd drop down a level.

Oooooh you are right, still in recovery mode from yesterday 😀

Alan Judge would be an incredible singing, can't see it happening though because they'll have their own plans to getting into the Playoffs.

Johann Gudmundsson from Charlton would be almost as good as Judge if he played in a good team. 

Judge has 10 goals and 7 assists for a team trying to get into the playoffs (22 games), Gudmundsson has 2 goals and 6 assists for a team struggling not to be bottom (20 games).

No doubting Judge is better, but Charlton want rid of Gudmundsson so will be readily available and he's a class, class player

Johann Gudmundsson from Charlton would be almost as good as Judge if he played in a good team. 

Judge has 10 goals and 7 assists for a team trying to get into the playoffs (22 games), Gudmundsson has 2 goals and 6 assists for a team struggling not to be bottom (20 games).

No doubting Judge is better, but Charlton want rid of Gudmundsson so will be readily available and he's a class, class player

. Potentially worth the gamble then, we don't want that blonde guy with silly hair from Charlton though, can't remember his name!

Thing is, as a club we are more attractive than we once were because we now have money and ambition!

Agreed and I think it's often underestimated. We've had a few players in recent years we were supposedly in for but never got. Bet a few were put off tby the thought of relegation scraps. We are now a progressive club and that will help lots for players.

There seems to be a lot of clamor for goal scorers and while that would be nice I think strengthening the defence and midfield is more prudent. We are spring goals ok at the moment but conceding too many compared to the top six teams. Sort that our and we are laughing and a stronger defence and midfield would allow our attackers even more reign to score

I think a winger to replace Wallace is a must, now don't get me wrong I do like Wallace but I think he qualifies as the neshist player I've ever seen, 60-40 in his favour he pulls out.

Now I know he's not there to be a midfield enforcer but the type of challenges he shys away from are ridiculous.

I like him but think we need better to go into the top 6 and on .

I think a winger to replace Wallace is a must, now don't get me wrong I do like Wallace but I think he qualifies as the neshist player I've ever seen, 60-40 in his favour he pulls out.

Now I know he's not there to be a midfield enforcer but the type of challenges he shys away from are ridiculous.

I like him but think we need better to go into the top 6 and on .

It goes to show with him being in our team how much we missed a proper winger last season! I do agree though, think he deserves a contract extension as well. He game against Fulham and Arsenal he was on fire! Edited by ohgoditsjames