January Transfer Window Thread

cracking player and someone that would improve both our team and his value i feel with us just like FF

Looks great, has power and looks like he's more than willing to put in a tackle as well!

61 Championship appearances, 12 goals, 10 assists for a team that finished 12th last season and is second bottom this season, has Europa League goals and assists too. He'd blossom in a team like ours, that's for certain. And yes, he's a winger who plays on the right hand side...  perfect competition for Wallace (And IMO is better than Wallace, but shhh, you didn't hear me say that  :ph34r: )

I think Matej Vydra would be worth a go, we know he's more than capable and imagine him up front with Foresitieri! He's friends with Pudil and Forestieri too.

He's on a season long loan with a fee paid for isn't he? (I might be wrong on that)

If I'm not wrong, he can't go anywhere until June... can't leave his loan early 

Edited by StudentOwl

61 Championship appearances, 12 goals, 10 assists for a team that finished 12th last season and is second bottom this season, has Europa League goals and assists too. He'd blossom in a team like ours, that's for certain. And yes, he's a winger who plays on the right hand side...  perfect competition for Wallace (And IMO is better than Wallace, but shhh, you didn't hear me say that  :ph34r: )

He's on a season long loan with a fee paid for isn't he? (I might be wrong on that)

If I'm not wrong, he can't go anywhere until June... can't leave his loan early

Think it was 2 Million, might have to wait till summer then because I can't see Reading signing him, he is surplus to requirements there I feel with them having Blackman

Think it was 2 Million, might have to wait till summer then because I can't see Reading signing him, he is surplus to requirements there I feel with them having Blackman

While we're talking about next season and Reading, I'd like to see us bring in young Hector on a season long loan. The young Chelsea player is a fantastic prospect, who can play both centre back, and defensive midfield

Edited by gurujuan

Are you sure?

He started 5 times in December alone...

Only way we'd be able to get him is if both Watford and Reading agreed to terminate the loan early because he was surplus (but doesn't look like it), Watford would then need to compensate Reading for the loan fee in proportion to the amount he wouldn't be about from his season-long loan  (So that's about £1 million) which would invariably have a knock-on effect for how much Watford would want for his transfer fee.

Non-starter until summer, and as I say, he started 5 times last month... that doesn't suggest surplus at all

Are you sure?

He started 5 times in December alone...

Only way we'd be able to get him is if both Watford and Reading agreed to terminate the loan early because he was surplus (but doesn't look like it), Watford would then need to compensate Reading for the loan fee in proportion to the amount he wouldn't be about from his season-long loan  (So that's about £1 million) which would invariably have a knock-on effect for how much Watford would want for his transfer fee.

Non-starter until summer, and as I say, he started 5 times last month... that doesn't suggest surplus at all

Shows how much I know! He's getting game time now then

The windows been open nearly 12 hours and we haven't signed anyone. In fact no one has, according to BBC completed transfers, there's only been one signing so far. I think because the window opened on a match day, and the deadline for registering loans today is 12 noon, most sides wouldn't bother. Should imagine it will be one of the quietest first days ever

One I'd like to see as a replacement/challenge for Wallace, aside from Gudmundsson, would be Navarone Foor for NEC (Nijmegan in the Eredivisie, but I can't spell their actual club name so I'll stick to NEC  :ph34r: )

Available on a Bosman as from... now! 

23 years old, 5 goals, 15 assists in 100 games. Gudmundsson managed 9 and 11 respectively in the same number of games. For a free, we could do a heck of a lot worse

But I'll still fantasise about getting Gudmundsson this window...  :wub:

One I'd like to see as a replacement/challenge for Wallace, aside from Gudmundsson, would be Navarone Foor for NEC (Nijmegan in the Eredivisie, but I can't spell their actual club name so I'll stick to NEC  :ph34r: )

23 years old, 5 goals, 15 assists in 100 games. Gudmundsson managed 9 and 11 respectively in the same number of games. For a free, we could do a heck of a lot worse

Me too ...

You know too many random players from random teams.  :rolleyes: