Cardiff vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Anybody hear what went off with JP and their supporters when we equalised?

I would like to hear what happened on the final whistle as one of their supporters was leaving, made some remark which I missed but JP laughed at.

Wasn't it something like...

Far away a voice is calling
Bells of memory chime
Come home again, come home again
They call through the oceans of time

We'll keep a welcome in the hillsides,
We'll keep a welcome in the Vales.
This land you knew will still be singing,
When you come home again to Wales.

This land of song will keep a welcome,
And with a love that never fails.
We'll kiss away each hour of hiraeth,

We'll keep a welcome in the hillsides,
We'll keep a welcome in the Vales.
This land you knew will still be singing,

This land of song will keep a welcome,
And with a love that never fails.
We'll kiss away each hour of hiraeth,

We'll kiss away each hour of hiraeth
When you come home again to Wales

or was it peas off yer Sheffield git!

Glad we came back and got something out of it.

I'd have been delighted with a point away from home before the game

and to come back from two goals down away from home, is a good sign.

It's imperative we keep pace with the teams above or around us and this point will have helped,

a defeat may have seen some of the teams around us getting away from us. 

Before the season started, I'd have never have thought we'd be in this position,

we're sat in a good position, as long as we keep picking up points and turn draws into wins, then 

we should be there or thereabouts. The future is certainly bright and come from behind draws and wins will prove invaluable come the end of the season.

A good hard earned point. Well done Wednesday, keep it going. Proud of u.

Almost like an away game at Bristol but then taking a wrong turn...

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

After they finally stopped bottling it every season for thousands of years, Cardiff City gained promotion to the Premier "not just English anymore" League some two years after Swansea City, which is often claimed to be the real capital of Wales.

They managed to pay for this miracle by selling their club’s soul and any other spare ones they could find along the way to a chap dressed in a red kit (tucked in to his trousers, very dapper). He said he would look after them… nudge nudge wink wink, dont worry it will be fine… and gave them 50 Zillion pounds to spend paying off their huge debts.

They spent the remaining money and now find themselves in the unenviable position of having an owner who once played Football Manager 1998 edition.

Cardiff then went on to change their name to "Malaysia Lucky Red Dragons FC” and swapped their shirt from blue to red ones. They also changed their club badge because they were now convinced that dragons are really cool. Their original ground, Ninian Park was sold and the money prudently invested in a gigantic box of lego with no instructions, from which the new owner somehow managed to build a stadium.

Anyway, it all went to pot and now they are back in the Championship.

And that’s how we come to be playing them today.

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR TRAVELLING OWLS

Cardiff’s hooligan crew were known as The Soul Crew but as above, they were sold off to finance the single season long miracle of Premier League football. They can still come back occaisionally as ghosts to haunt the away end’s concourse, so be careful today.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Gvy4ryn.png

Venue: Cardiff City Stadium

Kick Off: Saturday, 12th of December at 15:00

Matchday Apparel: Take an umbrella a coat and a wooly scarf. No trombones.

Matchday Drink: Beer. The half time Bovril is haunted, so none of that.

Matchday Pie: Dragon.

Matchday Song: Pressure Drop by Toots and the Maytals.

08siQwg.png

My prediction: We will win 2 - 0 and take 6th place.

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“What we are doing this season is all because we have a strong group. Everybody understands exactly what we want from me and my staff and we are working a lot. The players work hard to win the points since the first and last second of the Championship.

When we lose this kind of vibe, our team will not win. If you lose concentration and start thinking beyond Cardiff and we start thinking what we will do after three weeks or one month, we disturb the concentration and our team will not go the same way.

That is absolutely sure.”

“It’s up to me as the coach to keep everyone’s feet on the floor and say we are here to try to win all the matches we have. We will go to Cardiff to try to win. We always only focus on the next game.”

MINTYNESS

Taylor and Giant Shadow Llama will be there to protect us...

Playoffs here we come!

Loverly OP. Toots and the Maytals was a top notch choice. Shandypants has more taste than I thought! More Trojan stuff would be appreciated. I'm getting me Sta-press on even as I speak.

I remember that 1972 encounter, by the way - that traitor Warboys (we used to love him) scored against us and the Cardiff mob sang a taunting song about him to us to the Scaffold "Thank You Very Much For The Aintree Iron" hit of a few years before. A-holes!! :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Loverly OP. Toots and the Maytals was a top notch choice. Shandypants has more taste than I thought! More Trojan stuff would be appreciated. I'm getting me Sta-press on even as I speak.

Noted.

Looks like there's a little gang of us on here.