Cardiff vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Almost like an away game at Bristol but then taking a wrong turn...

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

After they finally stopped bottling it every season for thousands of years, Cardiff City gained promotion to the Premier "not just English anymore" League some two years after Swansea City, which is often claimed to be the real capital of Wales.

They managed to pay for this miracle by selling their club’s soul and any other spare ones they could find along the way to a chap dressed in a red kit (tucked in to his trousers, very dapper). He said he would look after them… nudge nudge wink wink, dont worry it will be fine… and gave them 50 Zillion pounds to spend paying off their huge debts.

bYSWrxU.jpg

They spent the remaining money and now find themselves in the unenviable position of having an owner who once played Football Manager 1998 edition.

Cardiff then went on to change their name to "Malaysia Lucky Red Dragons FC” and swapped their shirt from blue to red ones. They also changed their club badge because they were now convinced that dragons are really cool. Their original ground, Ninian Park was sold and the money prudently invested in a gigantic box of lego with no instructions, from which the new owner somehow managed to build a stadium.

YLCAKHu.jpg

Anyway, it all went to pot and now they are back in the Championship.

And that’s how we come to be playing them today.

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR TRAVELLING OWLS

Cardiff’s hooligan crew were known as The Soul Crew but as above, they were sold off to finance the single season long miracle of Premier League football. They can still come back occaisionally as ghosts to haunt the away end’s concourse, so be careful today.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Gvy4ryn.png

Venue: Cardiff City Stadium
Kick Off: Saturday, 12th of December at 15:00

Matchday Apparel: Take an umbrella a coat and a wooly scarf. No trombones.

Matchday Drink: Beer. The half time Bovril is haunted, so none of that.

Matchday Pie: Dragon.

Matchday Song: Pressure Drop by Toots and the Maytals.

Today’s Matchday song is a special request from our beloved fellow Owlstalk poster, Shandypants.

MATCHDAY FACTS

Cardiff boss Russell Slade is expected to make a late decision on injured defender Lee Peltier, meaning Fabio could be included against the Owls. Winger Anthony Pilkington, who scored the winner against Bolton, is set to start ahead of Peter Whittingham.

Wednesday are still missing defender Tom Lees (hamstring/ankle), meaning Sam Hutchinson deputises, while full-back Jack Hunt (calf) will not be risked. Michael Turner is available at the back after two months out.

phzPetU.png Head to Head 48pAkj8.png

• Cardiff City have won four of their past five contests against Wednesday, drawing the other.

• The Owls have lost each of their previous five trips to Cardiff, scoring just three times in the process.

• After conceding just one goal in six games, Cardiff have conceded exactly two in each of their past three games (W1 D1 L1).

• Wednesday have lost just one of their past 13 league games (3-1 v Charlton in November), winning six (D6).

• Cardiff have an excellent record at the Cardiff City Stadium, losing just one of their past 11 games (W6 D4).

08siQwg.png

My prediction: We will win 2 - 0 and take 6th place.

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“What we are doing this season is all because we have a strong group. Everybody understands exactly what we want from me and my staff and we are working a lot. The players work hard to win the points since the first and last second of the Championship.

When we lose this kind of vibe, our team will not win. If you lose concentration and start thinking beyond Cardiff and we start thinking what we will do after three weeks or one month, we disturb the concentration and our team will not go the same way.

That is absolutely sure.”

“It’s up to me as the coach to keep everyone’s feet on the floor and say we are here to try to win all the matches we have. We will go to Cardiff to try to win. We always only focus on the next game.”

MINTYNESS

Taylor and Giant Shadow Llama will be there to protect us...

2gXIn83.gif

Playoffs here we come!

Really is a must win. Not due to Cardiff being the team directly above us....but because of how bloody congested it is below us, anything other than 3 points could see us drop down to 11th or 12th.

So not even something we should go into with the mantra of 'let's avoid losing'. We need to win. 

Cardiff are no great shakes. Drawn a lot I think, also poo poo defensively.

I'm gonna go for a 3-1 win. Nuhiu, Hutchinson, Bannan.

Guest minsk owl

Lovin' the Tan pic  :biggrin:

Gonna be a tricky game this, ........ but i reckon we'll just about do it,  1-2  , and finally move into that cherished spot for table gazers

post-38035-0-40031000-1449879289.gif

Best OMDT ever

Well done pauli...!

Love the song.

Would love to Llama Tay Tay.

Just got back from The Shajan with two things in my doggy bag, so 0-2 to the Massive.

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

Edited by 33