The reason Hooper didn't sign...

Pages and pages of people saying Nixon is talking bolloxx.

Sheffield Telegraph confirm story

Hope that egg isn't too hot on your faces

I see nothing to suggest that the Telegraph haven't just lifted a story from Nixon. Especially seeing as they say they 'can reveal' it...err no, Nixon already did that.

Repetition doesn't make it any more credible.

Guest Deleted member

I see nothing to suggest that the Telegraph haven't just lifted a story from Nixon. Especially seeing as they say they 'can reveal' it...err no, Nixon already did that.

Repetition doesn't make it any more credible.

Defamation law does

I can believe entirely that Hooper and Norwich fell out over a box there.

Just can't see how the bit about Wednesday refusing fits into anything else that was said.

Unless he was talking Michael Ballacks in the first place.

How I understand it, is hooper has a basic salary of £32k a week. As a benefit in kind he has an executive box at Norwich to the value of £30k (not sure if that's the actual figure) for the season. A transfer to Wednesday would effectively render that box useless to him, so rather then having the box, hooper wanted £30k (or whatever the box cost) adding to his salary over the course of the year. Norwich refused

Guest Deleted member

How I understand it, is hooper has a basic salary of £32k a week. As a benefit in kind he has an executive box at Norwich to the value of £30k (not sure if that's the actual figure) for the season. A transfer to Wednesday would effectively render that box useless to him, so rather then having the box, hooper wanted £30k (or whatever the box cost) adding to his salary over the course of the year. Norwich refused

Hence its not really Hoopers fault

If true, fair enough a contract is a contract and taking away the stupid figures most of us would do the same (albeit on a much smaller scale salary wise). The concern is however that he would rather sit in the reserves rather than be guaranteed a start with us. Doesn't seem like his heart is in the move or he would have pushed it through and on that basis better off looking elsewhere.

Doesn't make any sense, everyone loses out

Norwich have a striker doing nothing for his Â£30k a week, Hooper doesn't get game time, his friends and family watch him pick his arse on the bench from said exec box, and Wednesday miss out on their main target

Seems bizarre for Norwich to haggle and not reimburse him for the box, when it will inevitbly cost them more to pay him a few weeks wages over the international break

I'd guess, Norwich said what the deal would be, Wednesday matched it and pressed on with the player, back in Norwich a few problems reared up with Grabban and other targets not coming to fruition and they used this basic issue to delay the process and eventually retract it

Poor form

Doesn't make any sense, everyone loses out

Norwich have a striker doing nothing for his £30k a week, Hooper doesn't get game time, his friends and family watch him pick his arse on the bench from said exec box, and Wednesday miss out on their main target

Seems bizarre for Norwich to haggle and not reimburse him for the box, when it will inevitbly cost them more to pay him a few weeks wages over the international break

I'd guess, Norwich said what the deal would be, Wednesday matched it and pressed on with the player, back in Norwich a few problems reared up with Grabban and other targets not coming to fruition and they used this basic issue to delay the process and eventually retract it

Poor form

I was saying similar. Makes no sense and highly unprofessional (if true).

Thats more believable - especially as players virtually being forced out of clubs like to ensure they get weighed in for every possible cent they are owed as they feel no loyalty to a club they feel is showing them none

However, him refusing terms because we refused to give him an exec box is rubbish imo

He's in the final year of a £5m contract, probably the biggest he will sign

Is say it's important to make sure that every bit of that contact us honored before moving on at the end, probably with a big signing on fee, probably in January.

I think he will do OK without'kick starting' his career just now

He'll not get nowhere near 32k a week without playing some football between now and then

Guest Deleted member

He'll not get nowhere near 32k a week without playing some football between now and then

You don't think Norwich will honour his contract?