The reason Hooper didn't sign...

It's the principal, give a box to a player what's to stop other players asking for the same thing, things like that shouldn't be part of any deal, if he wants one buy one...if he's got blog on with Norwich for not refunding him his money it's got nowt to do with us....sue em if he's that bothered, if not, lump it.

I would imagine this sort of thing happens all the time in deals. I bet some are even more pathetic.

Edited by bigdan2003

Guest Deleted member

Pages and pages of people saying Nixon is talking bolloxx.

Sheffield Telegraph confirm story

Hope that egg isn't too hot on your faces

Forget Rhodes and McCormack. They were never realistic without parachute or PL money. Vydra and Hooper were different. Reading are getting fleeced good and proper for Vydra, and I couldn't have stomached that deal either. As for Hooper, who knows? But our deal for Hooper was a loan, as I understand it, so we can always go back in next week. I still think we'll get that striker even if we don't get Hooper. Frankly, we can't afford not to.

I would 100% pay £2m for one year of Vydra as the alternative to going into the rest of the season with Nuhiu / Bus / Joao / Lavery as our strikers.

Absolutely no idea if this is true and I don't know how connected this Nixon is.

Reading through what was said, it is possible that we as a club did everything right our end

IF we matched what he earnt at Norwich and non of the delays were due to Hooper's agent looking for a last minute better deal 

Then why is it our fault that Norwich allegedly wouldn't refund him his box fee?  IMO this is a 100% Norwich / Hooper problem

whether our Box pricing is ridiculous and we have empty ones is another issue - there's doing what is necessary and there's having your pants down - we have to be sensible  agents detect desperation 

I can buy this (and your initial disclaimer still stands), however, if that is the case what the flip is going on? If the deal's agreed then surely he comes. It's up to him to sort out any personal issues that he has with Norwich over a corporate box in his own time. How does that particular personal issue affect our deal?

Unless...just thinking about it a bit more, the box was a part of his package deal with Norwich. Coming here and not getting a box or the equivalent in wages or a lump sum means he is out of pocket. It could have been a part of a structured deal to reduce personal income tax (fringe benefit/salary sacrifice). I guess that makes some sort of sense in my head. Though it still looks like a cut off your nose to spite your face type deal. He's still stuck at Norwich, unlikely to play and they're having to pay his full wage and don't have the agreed loan fee from us (which would surely have covered the cost of a corporate box with quite a bit of change left over).

In short:

Panic.gif

Pages and pages of people saying Nixon is talking bolloxx.

Sheffield Telegraph confirm story

Hope that egg isn't too hot on your faces

Nixon has to be talking bolllocks as his statements directly contradict.

Saying Wednesday did everything they could and the problem is between Hooper and Norwich (repeatedly) then saying the problem is we refused to supply a free box - both can't be true.

He said we moved on because Norwich messed us around - now Hooper refused to sign because we wouldn't supply a box.

Unless there's two Hoopers, he's talking bolllocks somewhere along the line.

Whatever the whys and wherefores of this case are, the fact is that power is in the hands of the players these days, like it or not. And we are in grave need of a striker. Someone wrote that agents can smell desperation. Too right they can, and we're desperate. We've needed a striker for 3 years, and now that we're playing a more open, "attractive" brand of football we need one even more to cancel out the extra goals we're conceding. Give the man his box and damn his impudence. lol

Let's not go back for him.

I'm not signing unless you give me a box. FFS.

Foook off Hooper.

Let's not be too eager to find blame if any of this has any fact in it at all. We don't know the details of who did what when and where. He may well have been arguing with Norwich for what had been agreed in his contract. Can't fault him for that.

Of course, if he just wanted a free box to come here and play then; get stuffed.

Guest Deleted member

Whatever the whys and wherefores of this case are, the fact is that power is in the hands of the players these days, like it or not. And we are in grave need of a striker. Someone wrote that agents can smell desperation. Too right they can, and we're desperate. We've needed a striker for 3 years, and now that we're playing a more open, "attractive" brand of football we need one even more to cancel out the extra goals we're conceding. Give the man his box and damn his impudence. lol

We've needed a striker for 15 years

Nixon has to be talking bolllocks as his statements directly contradict.

Saying Wednesday did everything they could and the problem is between Hooper and Norwich (repeatedly) then saying the problem is we refused to supply a free box - both can't be true.

He said we moved on because Norwich messed us around - now Hooper refused to sign because we wouldn't supply a box.

Unless there's two Hoopers, he's talking bolllocks somewhere along the line.

I haven't read the Telegraph article but, if my proposition in post #168 is possible then it's not SWFC that's at fault, and doesn't contradict Nixon's twitter posts (as reproduced on Owlstalk because I don't have a twitter account).

If it was a loan deal, why take him now?  Take him in a weeks time and save 32K.

Because "Emergency Loans" are a maximum of 93 days. If he signed the first day of the loan window, he can only be here til 11 December 2015. He can also be recalled without our permission (if the loan contract has that provision, which they usually do) after the first 28 days of the 93.

If we got him on a "Standard Loan" he would be here until the Jan transfer window and can't be recalled by Norwich without our express agreement to allow it.

Let's not be too eager to find blame if any of this has any fact in it at all. We don't know the details of who did what when and where. He may well have been arguing with Norwich for what had been agreed in his contract. Can't fault him for that.

Of course, if he just wanted a free box to come here and play then; get stuffed.

It's clear Wednesday haven't done anything wrong. Seems Norwich accepted our terms, and were happy for Hooper to leave. That leaves Hooper and his agent.

Who had the issue with the box? Hooper or Wednesday, or Norwich?

He's another Bothroyd. Lucky escape. If we've got a happy dressing room at S6, let's keep it that way.

"Why's he got a box and not me?" etc

No prima donnas please.

It's clear Wednesday haven't done anything wrong. Seems Norwich accepted our terms, and were happy for Hooper to leave. That leaves Hooper and his agent.

He's another Bothroyd. Lucky escape. If we've got a happy dressing room at S6, let's keep it that way.

No prima donnas please.

Woah Woah Woah.

Lets not go too far.

Guest Deleted member

No prima donnas please.

To be fair this does have the reek of an agent about it

Why should client be out of pocket?

For some reason people don't realise it's all relative, they get taxed massively and have much bigger bills to pay.

Lee hendry for example was made bankrupt for not looking after his money

Boo hoo for lee hendry if you go bankrupt on his wage you've only got yourself to blame. Not the tax man and bigger bills.