Come back Stuart Gray

6-0 Leeds, 3-0 QPR.

Gray played attacking football when he had the right players at his disposal.

Last season, he did better than expected with a squad that resembled relegation fodder.

Can you not remember how awful Leeds were though? I mean like really, really bad.

Guest Distraught!

Can you not remember how awful Leeds were though? I mean like really, really bad.

Not the point though.

The point is Gray was able to move into attack mode when he had the right players to do it.

Last season, he played to the squad's strength which was primarily defending. Not pretty to watch but it kept a very average side punching above its weight.

And no, I'm not advocating a return of SG - I just want to point out that the guy took some unjustified flack for his safety first approach.

This threads tongue in cheek tbh but it has been one step forward two steps back.

I want CC to succeed. I also like his suits and thought gray was too into wearing jammies.

You need to calm down, you're posting far too much bile in this section and it's been literally since the second game. Let's face it you've had an agenda ever since the ticket prices and now looking for any opportunity to have a dig at what we're trying to achieve. Around 13 new players in the past month or so, we're 5 games in just please give it a bit of time. Look how Chelsea have started, Liverpool getting thrashed at home to West Ham. We're signing players we could have only dreamt of a year ago. We'll get there, but fuucking please it's only the end of August.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Personally I think that Gray's defensive approach was primarily governed by the players at his disposal rather than an inability to create a successful attacking system. Water under the bridge now but I wanted him to be given the chance to show what he could do with better players.

Absolutely correct.

He knew what he had and used them to the best of his ability.

If he had what Carlos has now he's come out and use them in the same way.

SG would see us in the top ten right now at least.

Guest Distraught!

SG will be Rotherham manager before long

I hope not - you just know he would find a away of dragging that freakin' excrement to safety.

Had Gray stayed I suspect he'd probably have lavished the money on a winger and a couple of goalscorers. He knows this league and there would have been far fewer changes to the team. The football wouldn't have been better, but bearing in mind all of the above I think we definitely would have finished higher in the league. Carvalhal wants to play a better brand of football, but that will inevitably lead to more goals conceded and without the necessary strikers it's unlikely to get us higher up the league.