Come back Stuart Gray

Megson would unite the factured fanbase like no other manager could...also love to see sime of the new signings in greno woods on a cold winters morning

Megson with money to build him empire is an interesting prospect,he got us in fantastic shape on a shoestring just imagine what he would do with funds, not to mention a massive dose of passion thrown in for good measure, I can almost see the chest thumping now.

#returntowinningways

#thekingwillreturn

#allhailhisname

#thecultremainsstrong

#itsallaboutwinning

#lethimleadustoglory

#unfinishedbusiness

#hebleedsblueandwhite

gary megson

Why does everyone always say that he did it on a shoestring budget imagine what e would be like with cash

Megson and Grey might be completely poo poo with cash I mean Grey blew last years cash on May an that didn't work out well did it

Old managers are like old girlfriends after a while you only remember the good times not the times you did everything in your power to get out of there

Mid table was expected of Jones but was better than expected by Gray with no great difference in personnel. Some Wednesday fans basically just like one manager, dislike his replacement, like his replacement, and so on. Guess where we currently are in that particular cycle.

Edited by Sonny

Didn't want Gray to go. I wanted to see how he fared with better budget and better players but water under the bridge now. I had doubts about the CC appointment and they remain. Gut feeling is that CC won't be here by the end of the season but that the overall strategy will remain the same. Very much doubt that we'll be returning to the traditional British type management/manager strategy any time soon.

I hope that CC proves me and other doubters wrong though.

Stuart Gray made me endure some of the most boring home football I've seen. Genuinely was like I was watching the same match on repeat. Even I knew what we were going to do with the ball during an attack and what our plan B was, let alone the opposition.

He masterminded some terrific victories but he was never going to be the man to take us forward.

I'm not saying that CC is the man to take us forward either. I'm undecided on that.

But Gray certainly wasn't. Lovely guy...but not the man to take us up.

Guest totemowl

Stuart Gray made me endure some of the most boring home football I've seen. Genuinely was like I was watching the same match on repeat. Even I knew what we were going to do with the ball during an attack and what our plan B was, let alone the opposition.

He masterminded some terrific victories but he was never going to be the man to take us forward.

I'm not saying that CC is the man to take us forward either. I'm undecided on that.

Agreed. He showed this in the 2nd half of last season. When we were safe and he had better players at his disposal (including McGugan), the football became even more boring while we plummetted from 7th to 13th. That's when imo he blew whatever chance he had.

Does it honestly not occur to you that if he could do that with no money than he could have us batter teams with DC money??

Look where we were when he came in! Look how we played with Wickham!

It was boring because we were mid table.

If he hadn't have come in you would be 'enduring' some very exciting L1 clashes no doubt and we would probably not even have been taken over.