The Owls vs Reading. Official Matchday Thread.

Footy and biscuits. Two of the top things life has to offer. Even Boy George at his hedonistic peak claimed that tea and biscuits were better than sex.

Yes George - but footy beats both ....

2:1 Owls but a nervy finish to an even game. One penalty will be missed, one scored.

In another worthy attempt to mitigate "ticketpricegate" Minty biscuits are given free to under 12s. Subsequently grumblers on OT lobby for this generosity to be banned on health grounds.

A win by 2 clear goals and we will go third.

Bit worried about the number of shots Reading have had so far this season already, despite their lack of goals.  With Westwood out - and possibly Hutch and Loovens too - it could be a testing night - time for Lees to show his value to the side big time!

Still confident that we will play our way to a victory............. but oh how important that first goal will be.

Come on you blue and white stripes :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Pauli...wonderful..

A proper dunking and a defensive crumble from Reading, as they dip their soggy fig rolls into the cauldron of hot tea that is Hillsborough...Wednesday to come out 28-0 winners....however, a word of warning! Maybe they have inside help that could bring about a shock result for Reading...

http://www.huntleyandpalmers.com/index.php/sweet-biscuits/tango-jaffa-cakes.html 

Interesting times it seems ... 

1-0 Mcgugan to score a free kick.

Att: 20,783

Probably will be a very tight game. Can't see many goals for either team but Quinn is a horrible player to play against he usually scores against us so I hope we can keep him quiet. Mccleary is there danger man going to be a tough game for both Helan and Hunt.

Confident in our team to put in a performance though and a touch of class from Mcgugan/Wallace/Matias might just shade things for us.

I'm not sure what to expect tonight, result-wise. I'm quite confident that we have enough going forward to create chances and score goals, but I'm hoping we can keep it tight at the back and erase the type of defensive aberrations which cost us the Ipswich game. A goal for Matias could really kickstart his season, so let's hope he bags a hat trick!

I'll predict 2-1 to us.