The Owls vs Reading. Official Matchday Thread.

1. CC: Sometimes in football things work out; we felt unlucky at Ipswich not to take a point but tonight is the reverse #swfcLIVE

1 retweet3 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

CC: There were good things to take away, we won a point, we didn't play good but our players continued to fight #swfcLIVE

2 retweets8 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

CC: Neither team created clear chances but I think today is a point won rather than two lost #swfcLIVE

1. CC: Sometimes in football things work out; we felt unlucky at Ipswich not to take a point but tonight is the reverse #swfcLIVE

1 retweet3 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

CC: There were good things to take away, we won a point, we didn't play good but our players continued to fight #swfcLIVE

2 retweets8 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

CC: Neither team created clear chances but I think today is a point won rather than two lost #swfcLIVE

Shortened version: We were very lucky.

We were poor. No getting away with it no matter how you look at it. I think the starting 11 was wrong. He should've started with Wildsmith, the lads done nothing wrong so far.

Loovens shouldn't have started. He's obviously carrying an injury and he didn't look comfortable at all. As much as I thought Joao was our best player on the night I would've started Nuhiu. I think he wouldn't have been bullied as much as Joao was.

In short we were bullied, the ref gave us sod all protection. Some of the challenges he allowed to go unpunished was an absolute joke. This obviously unsettled Lopez, Matias etc. and TBH Reading should've won at a canter.

To get a draw as undeserved as it was is an obvious plus and hopefully CC will learn some lessons from tonight. If he's going to persevere with 4-3-3 the he has got to find a way of stopping his front man from being isolated all the time otherwise we are going to see more performances like tonight's.

Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Reading (Sougou 90)

Possession: 53-47

Shots on target: 2-3

Shots off target: 2-12

Corners: 1-5

Fouls: 14-13

Yellow cards: 2-2

Red cards: 0-0

Price, Hunt, Lees, Loovens (Sasso 35), Wiggins, Lopez, Hutchinson, Wallace, McGugan (Sougou 57), Matias (Bus 82), Joao. 

Subs not used: Wildsmith, Helan, Lee, Semedo. 

Well done Wednesday. 

Well done Ipswich Town. 

Price, Hunt, Lees, Loovens (Sasso 35), Wiggins, Lopez, Hutchinson, Wallace, McGugan (Sougou 57), Matias (Bus 82), Joao. 

Well done Wednesday. 

Well done Ipswich Town. 

Well done Wednesday. 

Well done Ipswich Town. 

Ipswich ??, you're on a longer delay than Wednesday Player mate  :biggrin:

Wow...

So, we robbed Reading.

2014-02-11-dontcare-thumb.gif

Get the flip in (mind you, not sure why I'm celebrating so hard for a point but it feels like a win). To be 10th after a far from convincing performance is a good sign (I'm taking it that way at least) and we are ahead of Wolves, QPR, Forest and Derby. C'arn you Owls. I would always choose to have a strong finish to a season over a strong start (and of course strong throughout is better still). It's not clear yet how this season is going to run. Would be disappointing to not be in the top 10 at the end.