£17 to take baby to Owls game ?

The argument about 'it's £17 for an under 11 to watch Wednesday against Bristol City'' is also silly considering under 11's get in for £5 on Wednesday

Under 11's don't really give a damn about who we're playing do they? Not in my experience anyway and I work with children. Unless it's a massive prem team of course. Bristol City, Reading...no difference to them. Summer holidays too and nice weather on Wednesday. Ideal to take a baby to, reyt? They have dodgy sleeping patterns so would probably sleep through a 3 o'clock kick off and be wide awake for a 7:45pm one.

I bet the baby in question could hardly wait to sit and watch Wednesday. I bet the baby was fuming though when he/she realised we were only playing Bristol City.

Ridiculous arguments coming out here, used to bash the chairman again.

Way to divert the point in question...

The fact remains that the price is incorrectly stated as £17 for 0 year olds.

So if you turned up at the gate for the Bristol City game with a child aged 0-10, how much would it cost to get them in?

But anyone who rings the club will have their baby allowed in for free.

Anyone who turns up on matchday without a ticket for their baby won't be told to pay £17.

You don't see the bigger picture. All the club is guilty here is not making the picture 100% clear because not many parents take a baby to football.

This thread is about taking a baby to football.

No it isn't, it's about whether it's justifiable to charge a child under 11 £17 to watch a game of second tier football

And the fact is that, in reality...not going off the website (who knew websites can be wrong), children who do not require a seat are allowed in for free.

Maybe someone needs to have a word to the club about making this 100% clear, I agree about that.

But using this as a stick to beat the club with is laughable.

I'm criticising the club for charging £17 to U11s. I'm not for one second trying to beat the club

You must have some sort of personal vendetta against Chansiri.

Really? That's the best you can do? On the contrary, I think some people are so desperate to not displease the new regime that they'll defend them to the hilt. They're not infallible.

However, I do agree that £17 is too much for children under 11...but it was a high category game (and rightly so). But the fact remains that this thread is about babies not even conscious of what's going off around them fully. And they're allowed in for free.

The thread is specifically has the word baby in the title. We're talking about taking a baby that will not require a seat.

If you turned up on the gate with a babe in arms for any game you won't be charged. With an unsure steward, at worst, you may be asked to go to the ticket office who will give you a free of charge ticket. Once again, babies who won't require a seat of their own.....FREE. 

You have turned this thread into another ticket bashing thread because under 11's are priced at £17. We're not talking about 0-11 year olds in this thread though. Once again, the thread has the specific word babies in it. Meaning anything below toddler age.

I'll dance to your tune though and take the bait. £17 to watch Wednesday for an under 11 is too much. I'll agree on that. But, for the third time, this isn't about regular under 11's who will require a seat and therefore need to pay for said seat.

Whilst this may be some sort of ''official policy', plenty of people have said already that turnstile operators will not charge you. That's the reality of it.

I will and everyone else should also.

Them's the rules and we have mystery shoppers every match trying to gain entry with incorrect tickets so anyone who allows it is putting their employment with SWFC at risk

Owl-zat is a turnstile operator, so I think he knows the reality

Is he the only turnstile operator?

He may be one of the ones I mentioned above who will direct you to the ticket office.

From actual experiences this thread has proved that this club will accommodate babies, free of charge.

The thread is specifically has the word baby in the title. We're talking about taking a baby that will not require a seat.

If you turned up on the gate with a babe in arms for any game you won't be charged. With an unsure steward, at worst, you may be asked to go to the ticket office who will give you a free of charge ticket. Once again, babies who won't require a seat of their own.....FREE.

You have turned this thread into another ticket bashing thread because under 11's are priced at £17. We're not talking about 0-11 year olds in this thread though. Once again, the thread has the specific word babies in it. Meaning anything below toddler age.

I'll dance to your tune though and take the bait. £17 to watch Wednesday for an under 11 is too much. I'll agree on that. But, for the third time, this isn't about regular under 11's who will require a seat and therefore need to pay for said seat.

You've already said the club un-workable up by not making the real price clear. Owt else is a bit spammy.

Is he the only turnstile operator?

He may be one of the ones I mentioned above who will direct you to the ticket office.

From actual experiences this thread has proved that this club will accommodate babies, free of charge.

Correct, I will advise you to go yo the ticket office.

It was good when season tickets were free for Under 6 but people have to spoil things and try to exploit it as every week I had adults trying to get in with these 'free tickets' and often when caught they'd say 'I'll pay the difference' to which my reply was "Well it's a free ticket so it's full price".

The other reason they were stopped is because people were getting a free ticket for their kids and then hardly ever using them and were obtained just so the adult had a bit more legroom so in a lot of cases the best seats in the ground were being unused.

I actually find this really disappointing. The fact that they went to the local press and the fact sheff star published it. Did these fans of the club contact the ceo or the ticket manager before taking this action. All it has done is bought bad publicity against a club they state they support. Sad

I actually find this really disappointing. The fact that they went to the local press and the fact sheff star published it. Did these fans of the club contact the ceo or the ticket manager before taking this action. All it has done is bought bad publicity against a club they state they support. Sad

Good post this. I'll be amazed if the club did something about this and it made headline news in the star.

Guest Theboylangers

I can remember the first game I went to when we scored it scared me that everyone was jumping around and shouting and clapping.

It would have been safe to take kids last season. There was hardly any shouting or clapping.

On a serious note, it is down to personal choice. I can't think of anything worse than taking any kid under the age of 5 to a football game. They nag you to distraction and you can't concentrate on the match. I took my daughter to a friendly when she was 5. I think it's put her off football for life.

Pathetic complaint really. £17 is the price for children but I'm sure the club would make arrangements.

Furthermore, who on earth takes a 7 month old to a football match? I get the sentiment behind it I suppose. 'My lad/daughter went to his/her first game before they could even speak...wednesday's in the blood etc'. But the practicality behind it is non-existent.

For children I suppose it's up to the parent, children develop at different rates and can hold concentration for different lengths. But babies are a whole new ball game. I have a 7 month old nephew, bought him the full Wednesday kit & sing him Wednesday songs much to the dislike of his Man Utd supporting Dad. Wouldn't dream of taking him to a game though, not even a friendly like St Mirren. He's only just sitting up but wouldn't dream of buying him a separate seat...and no way would he stay there...or on my knee. He'd just scream, whether that be a happy scream or a moaning/tired scream.

Adding this to a list of ridiculous complaints from fans this season.

Took my lad to a pre season friendly this summer just before he turned 1, wanted to take him at end of last season but sense prevailed and I wasn't allowed, he's all over the place now so he won't be going to another game til he's a little older.

I bet you do.

You can have the good bits and then hand them back.

Sounds lovely.

Trust me Maxine it's wonderful! The most effective disciplinary tool in a grandparents armoury is 'any more of that and your going back to mum and dad's'!  lol