£17 to take baby to Owls game ?

Yep, totally agree, I rushed back from Manchester to get to the Bristol City match, if there was a baby screaming and shouting next too me I'd have been well peed off, sorry, leave the babies at home with their mummies or non footballing daddies innit?

Do you fire blanks is that why your so against babies.?

1. Violence can happen anywhere.

2. I have to sit and listen to people talk absolute boll0cks about Nuhiu so a bit of crying is no different. I'm sure any parent, if the kid was screaming for a long period, would remove themselves from the stand. And it's not always freezing is it. It's like saying you'd never take a baby outside in Britain.

Well said

People can't seriously be complaining about the noise babies might make at a match?

If folk don't think it's right to take their baby/child to a game, then that's up to them.

The only people who get a say in whether a child goes to a game are it's own parents.

Do you fire blanks is that why your so against babies.?

*You're

You posted about unintelligent Taxi drivers getting charged more yesterday in this thread, just saying.

As for firing blanks, I probably have a daughter older then you, and FYI I took my youngest to the Mansfield game (8 yrs old) but I've never considered taking them when they were like 4 months!

Now, stop stalking me re babies, i'm getting worried about you.

Guest Maxine

They go on the Kop, I dont, I sussed this years ago hence I don't go on the Kop.

Good.

Stay on the south, kops no place for boring sods.

Haha! 

People complaining about potential noise in a stadium where thousands of people shout, clap, cheer, chant and swear whilst a 'band' trumpets along to a big drum being beaten.

This forum is comedy gold at times.

People clapping, shouting, cheering, singing etc is a normal noise at football.

As for the band, it's not a normal noise at football. And the same as I complain about babies at football (and I reiterate that I mean babies) I also complain about the band. 

I think to bring a baby to football is unfair on the surrounding people, the baby itself and eventually becomes unfair on the parents. In most cases. You'll get the odd positive story but they will be few and far between.

If I took my 7 month old nephew to football he'd be wriggling on my lap, screeching (he loves a screech), blowing quite powerful raspberries which would result in spit all over the person next to or in front of him. He'd end up frustrated at being on my lap after 20 minutes and start moaning. Eventually he'd get hungry and I'd have the joy of either bottle feeding him at a football game (not pleasant) or shoveling yogurt into him resulting in a mess. Babies love being fed and then promptly throwing up 3/4 of what has gone in. I'm sure that's a joy at football to. The mess it can make is amazing.

This is all worst case scenario mind. But when you're looking after a baby worst case scenario is always just round the corner. So unpredictable I wouldn't even bother!

Guest Maxine

lol

How the hell did you know that I was a South Stander?

its a safer environment for the older fans

So just a good guess.

Older folk can't help moaning a lot it's not your fault Mark it happens to us all eventually.

So you wouldn't take your nephew - fine.

Doesn't mean others shouldn't take their young ones.

So you think my nephew is the only baby that displays all of the above behaviours that would make a day out at football an absolute disaster for everyone involved?

And look, each to their own. I wouldn't dream of telling parents what they shouldn't or should do. I'm just saying that I think it's ridiculously daft.

post-36058-0-86908500-1439917027.jpg

My three year old son's favourite book. I read it to him most nights. In the garden we play football, I always say to him, "you be Chrissy Waddle and I'll be David Hirst". He then focuses for about five seconds before kicking the ball into the bushes before he flips off to look for some sticks. He's got no idea about the offside rule, he's got the attention span of a goldfish. He'd last about five minutes at a match before he'd run off to look for a sweet shop or find somewhere to have a wee wee. He'd spend most of the second half asking for another soft drink and asking to be put on my shoulders.

Not sure I'm up for taking very young children to matches, just my own view.

People can take their own children at whatever age they're at as personally I don't give a roger, it's their choice, they have every right to take a baby, a toddler or an idiotic teenager.

I'm there to watch a football match not judge the "bonniest babby" so if I hear a baby I just think.. " oh there's a baby, that's nice", and carry on watching the game. I've seen how pissed many of our so called adult fans get and there's no difference between them and a baby, so all welcome.

Parents obviously should feel free to take their child at whatever age they feel is ok. Just a lack of common sense really to take a baby to a match though. I hate that kids seem to be brought up wrapped in cotton wool these days, but babies bloody should be. I'm honestly very surprised that some don't seem to get what the problem with taking babies to the game is. The potential hazards are enormous. That couple with having consideration for others too. Last resort I can just about understand, but still I just think it's extrememly dangerous. It's not just about being in the ground it's thousands of people leaving and rushing about at the same time.

Parents obviously should feel free to take their child at whatever age they feel is ok. Just a lack of common sense really to take a baby to a match though. I hate that kids seem to be brought up wrapped in cotton wool these days, but babies bloody should be. I'm honestly very surprised that some don't seem to get what the problem with taking babies to the game is. The potential hazards are enormous. That couple with having consideration for others too. Last resort I can just about understand, but still I just think it's extrememly dangerous. It's not just about being in the ground it's thousands of people leaving and rushing about at the same time.

Jesus.

You get to the grandstand early, which is never even half full, you leave before the final whistle. The hazards your talking about are easily reduced with common sense. It's not like your taking a baby on the north stand on derby day.

Talk about mountain and mole hills.