£17 to take baby to Owls game ?

What i can't get my head round is these parents have season tickets and i guess they support the club. However they have deliberately gone public with this to try and embarass the club without talking to the club first. Why would you do that?

The issue here IS clearly the prices and communication of them.

Everywhere you look for pricing on games, it gives definitive values for 'Under 11s', etc. Not going over the myriad of confusing options again, but a category B match for Under 11s is £17 according to all pricing sources. 

The pricing table on the official site clearly states that the 'Under 11s' category is 'Juniors aged between 0 - 10'.

matchdayprices-webtickets138-2550454.jpg

Absolutely nowhere does it state that babies can be allowed in free by arrangement, blah, blah... If that is the case, then say so. Its a selling point and might pull a handful more adults in with their kids (adults who currently think they are outpriced because it is advertised everywhere as £17 and they don't know about the magical 'arrangements' that supposedly can be made because it doesn't say so anywhere). 

Best post in this thread,

The club explicitly states children aged 0-10 pay the U11 rate.

Nowhere does it say "...but get in touch with the club and we'll sort you out with a cheaper ticket"

The fact remains, if you wanted to take a child under the age of 11 to the Bristol City it would cost £17.

£17!

And people still want to divert the issue onto the woman who contacted the Star or discuss the notion of taking a child to watch Wednesday.

Nowhere does it say "...but get in touch with the club and we'll sort you out with a cheaper ticket"

The fact remains, if you wanted to take a child under the age of 11 to the Bristol City it would cost £17.

£17!

And people still want to divert the issue onto the woman who contacted the Star or discuss the notion of taking a child to watch Wednesday.

Do you have a problem with people taking young children to the game?

£17!

The fact remains that the price is incorrectly stated as £17 for 0 year olds.

But anyone who rings the club will have their baby allowed in for free.

Anyone who turns up on matchday without a ticket for their baby won't be told to pay £17.

You don't see the bigger picture. All the club is guilty here is not making the picture 100% clear because not many parents take a baby to football.

This thread is about taking a baby to football. And the fact is that, in reality...not going off the website (who knew websites can be wrong), children who do not require a seat are allowed in for free.

Maybe someone needs to have a word to the club about making this 100% clear, I agree about that.

But using this as a stick to beat the club with is laughable. 

You must have some sort of personal vendetta against Chansiri.

However, I do agree that £17 is too much for children under 11...but it was a high category game (and rightly so). But the fact remains that this thread is about babies not even conscious of what's going off around them fully. And they're allowed in for free.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Bang on. Them flipping idiots in the EU that come up with that H&S poo want shooting.

That and this whole legal culture. Some idiot probably dropped his kid once while lifiting him over the turnstiles somewhere and blamed the club or ground and tried to sue them for negligence.

Edited by marcx666

The argument about 'it's £17 for an under 11 to watch Wednesday against Bristol City'' is also silly considering under 11's get in for £5 on Wednesday

Under 11's don't really give a damn about who we're playing do they? Not in my experience anyway and I work with children. Unless it's a massive prem team of course. Bristol City, Reading...no difference to them. Summer holidays too and nice weather on Wednesday. Ideal to take a baby to, reyt? They have dodgy sleeping patterns so would probably sleep through a 3 o'clock kick off and be wide awake for a 7:45pm one.

I bet the baby in question could hardly wait to sit and watch Wednesday. I bet the baby was fuming though when he/she realised we were only playing Bristol City. 

Ridiculous arguments coming out here, used to bash the chairman again.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Anyone who turns up on matchday without a ticket for their baby won't be told to pay £17.

You don't see the bigger picture. All the club is guilty here is not making the picture 100% clear because not many parents take a baby to football.

This thread is about taking a baby to football. And the fact is that, in reality...not going off the website (who knew websites can be wrong), children who do not require a seat are allowed in for free.

Maybe someone needs to have a word to the club about making this 100% clear, I agree about that.

However, I do agree that £17 is too much for children under 11...but it was a high category game (and rightly so). But the fact remains that this thread is about babies not even conscious of what's going off around them fully. And they're allowed in for free.

Totally agree with you.

Common sense says you contact the club and explain the position and you get the baby in for free. However why use common sense when you can embarass the club in the papers instead.

Still can't get my head around why a supporter would want to do that but guess it is me being a bit thick and their must be a reason

It wasn't £17.

Babies who do not require a separate seat are allowed in for free at Hillsborough.

That's been the case for years.

It's not spelled out because the amount of cases of people wanting to bring babies into a football stadium are probably so few and far between that it wasn't thought of when putting up a pricing structure. Babies in arms are free though.

Every person entering through the turnstile whether they are an adult or a babe in arms needs their own ticket and will be charged accordingly if paying on the gate.

If there is a policy for babes in arms (I think if members you used to be able to obtain a free or discounted ticket) this can only be issued at the ticket office in advance .

Same applies to students and armed forces tickets, these must be purchased in askance and are not available on the turnstile.

So if you turned up at the gate for the Bristol City game with a child aged 0-10, how much would it cost to get them in?

This thread is about taking a baby to football.

No it isn't, it's about whether it's justifiable to charge a child under 11 £17 to watch a game of second tier football

And the fact is that, in reality...not going off the website (who knew websites can be wrong), children who do not require a seat are allowed in for free.

I'm criticising the club for charging £17 to U11s. I'm not for one second trying to beat the club

Really? That's the best you can do? On the contrary, I think some people are so desperate to not displease the new regime that they'll defend them to the hilt. They're not infallible.

Totally agree with you.

Common sense says you contact the club and explain the position and you get the baby in for free. However why use common sense when you can embarass the club in the papers instead.

Still can't get my head around why a supporter would want to do that but guess it is me being a bit thick and their must be a reason

Not even about explaining your position, begging or pleading.

It's really just a case of saying 'I'll have a baby with me, would I have to buy a ticket?'. Or turning up at the turnstiles with the baby, they won't bat an eyelid.

No need to 'lower yourself' by seeming as though you're trying your luck for a free ticket. 

Every person entering through the turnstile whether they are an adult or a babe in arms needs their own ticket and will be charged accordingly if paying on the gate.

If there is a policy for babes in arms (I think if members you used to be able to obtain a free or discounted ticket) this can only be issued at the ticket office in advance .

Same applies to students and armed forces tickets, these must be purchased in askance and are not available on the turnstile.

Whilst this may be some sort of ''official policy', plenty of people have said already that turnstile operators will not charge you. That's the reality of it.