£17 to take baby to Owls game ?

Guest Deleted member

On a side note it says that blunts under 18 (no doubt up to 21 without I.d) get in all games for £11

And they still can't average 20k

Uniteds average gate this year is 23,031. Ours is only 224 more than that

Give up having an opinion?

It was £17 to take a 7 month old baby to a game of football - I don't think it's unfair to suggest that's unacceptable.

It wasn't £17. 

Babies who do not require a separate seat are allowed in for free at Hillsborough.

That's been the case for years.

It's not spelled out because the amount of cases of people wanting to bring babies into a football stadium are probably so few and far between that it wasn't thought of when putting up a pricing structure. Babies in arms are free though.

.....scared by sudden loud noises

....miss a goal due to having to change a nappy/clean up some sick/do a feed.

.....surrounding fans due to all of the above

Sounds like the supporters who sit behind me every week.

Except, the ones behind me are in their late seventies.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Again - that doesn't address the issue.

It was £17 for a 7 month old.

Sorry disagree - the prices are fixed by the club - take it or leave it

It is called business and normally businesses operate to make money to stay in business, otherwise they go bankrupt and then no one can purchase the product

Pathetic complaint really. £17 is the price for children but I'm sure the club would make arrangements.

Furthermore, who on earth takes a 7 month old to a football match? I get the sentiment behind it I suppose. 'My lad/daughter went to his/her first game before they could even speak...wednesday's in the blood etc'. But the practicality behind it is non-existent. 

For children I suppose it's up to the parent, children develop at different rates and can hold concentration for different lengths. But babies are a whole new ball game. I have a 7 month old nephew, bought him the full Wednesday kit & sing him Wednesday songs much to the dislike of his Man Utd supporting Dad. Wouldn't dream of taking him to a game though, not even a friendly like St Mirren. He's only just sitting up but wouldn't dream of buying him a separate seat...and no way would he stay there...or on my knee. He'd just scream, whether that be a happy scream or a moaning/tired scream. 

Adding this to a list of ridiculous complaints from fans this season. 

They could equally have said, "We're taking our seven month old sone to the ************* game, which is a Category G match, and is only going to cost us £5.00 for a ticket for him", but that wouldn't make a sensational headline for the local media.

Guest Maxine

That might be true but if I was the owner I'd put a separate charge on 'babies' I'd charge them £49.99. that should put a end to people wanting to bring babies to football matches, next they will be moaning that there are no toys for them and so on, Oh and I dont want to hear a crying baby at a football match there are enough of them already without the real deal.

Here's a message for the mum, stay at home and look after your kid.

She has a season ticket.

It wasn't £17. 

Babies who do not require a separate seat are allowed in for free at Hillsborough.

It's not spelled out because the amount of cases of people wanting to bring babies into a football stadium are probably so few and far between that it wasn't thought of when putting up a pricing structure. Babies in arms are free though.

Give up having an opinion?

It was £17 to take a 7 month old baby to a game of football - I don't think it's unfair to suggest that's unacceptable.

EUdYIKX.gif

It's hurting everyone;

.the baby if he/she gets scared by sudden loud noises

.the parents when they realise taking a wriggling screaming baby to a football match isn't as cute as they first thought it would

.the parents when they miss a goal due to having to change a nappy/clean up some sick/do a feed.

.the parents when they have to leave early cos juniors not having it at all

.surrounding fans due to all of the above

Remember. This is a 7 month old we're talking about.

It's just not a logical thing to do. I have a 7 month old nephew and he seems obsessed with football...glued to the telly when it's on.

Doesn't mean I'm taking him to Hillsborough anytime soon. Got way more sense than that.

But most of the above only affects the parents.

Dont see how this could bother people anyone else.

Guest Deleted member

Both my 2 went before they were 1 - so did I. We went on the Kop. Their Mum used to come too before we got divorced.

Until they were 3 they got in for free because they sat on our knees - after that they had season tickets for £50 each. When they were 8 the pricing changed and it was nearer £150 to take them.

My daughter stopped having a season ticket when she got a job working in the hospitality area, my sons had one every season. Hes 20 now. He goes home and away - I put his passion down to attending from such a young age - he doesnt know what else to do on a Saturday. Poor kid.

Our OFFICIAL pricing for Under 11s is absolutely ridiculous.  We are pricing families out of occasional attendance at Hillsborough and rest assured - families will go to watch United isntead - especially if the kids are only wanting to watch football because their friends at school do.

Theres NOTHING wrong at all with taking toddlers to the match, it gets them used to large crowds, noise, and the atmosphere.

So many people vilifying the woman for going to the Star and making an issue out of taking a child to the game.

Still doesn't change the fact that it was £17 for 7 month old baby, which is scandalous.

The club brought it on themselves.

Still say she is simply an attention seeker just wanting to see herself in the paper.

If you read the article she even admits that she didn't actually pay anything but used

someone elses season ticket.

Surely this makes it a non-story brought to the attention of the newspaper purely for reasons

of self publicity.

Guest Deleted member

It wasn't £17. 

Where does it say that anywhere in our pricing policy?

Still say she is simply an attention seeker just wanting to see herself in the paper.

If you read the article she even admits that she didn't actually pay anything but used

someone elses season ticket.

Surely this makes it a non-story brought to the attention of the newspaper purely for reasons

of self publicity.

The star is full of non stories, anyone who brings a 7 month baby to a football match needs their heads looking at .

It wasn't £17. 

This

Took my son twice when he was a baby - enquired at the ticket office and was told this

Perhaps if this couple had bothered to ask rather than just assuming and running off to tell tales to the Star

Guest Maxine

Yeah but if the baby is 7 months old she clearly knew when buying her season ticket that the kid was there <.<

I know that.

That's what grand parents are for.

On a side note it says that blunts under 18 (no doubt up to 21 without I.d) get in all games for £11

And they still can't average 20k

Yea, I'm told that at the sty they lift their kids over the turnstyle until the're 16 and then buy

junior tickets until they qualify for over 65 concessions.