Kieran Lee

Can see lee getting more games earlier on in the season as he knows this league and has the discipline that were going to need whilst our new squad gets used to the way we play . Think if Lopez is better than lee he will gradually get the nod ahead of lee. Just glad we now have players of this calibre fighting for their shirts and think the players will be quite happy to sit out a few games as long as we're doing well. It's when we go on a bad run and if he's not playing then I think he might start getting a little upset

Lee is my favourite Wednesday player by a mile.

I haven't seen Lopez play yet, but considering that he was a first team regular in a team that finished 8th in one of the world's very best leagues, it obviously speaks volumes of his talent.

That said, during the early stages of the season I think I would rather see a player like Keiran Lee in our midfield alongside McGugan whilst the new foreign players settle in.  Purely down to his experience of the division, as well as being a very good box to box midfielder.

Can see lee getting more games earlier on in the season as he knows this league and has the discipline that were going to need whilst our new squad gets used to the way we play . Think if Lopez is better than lee he will gradually get the nod ahead of lee. Just glad we now have players of this calibre fighting for their shirts and think the players will be quite happy to sit out a few games as long as we're doing well. It's when we go on a bad run and if he's not playing then I think he might start getting a little upset

Wrote my reply before seeing yours, essentially saying the same thing.

Edited by Wath-owl

my opinion this is opportunity for him to show what he can do. and if he get's it right he will  save his future at the club if that's what he wants. 

he need's to  become stronger on the ball and not get knocked off it so easy...his runs and getting in to space and seeing a pass is very good .

just need to add a bit of strength to that. and then u will have a all round player....

Anyone else think Kieran Lee could be a major player this year?

Hopefully he'll get more balls to feet in the middle not launched 60 yards over his head when he's played on the wing.

dunno, but he is definitely a player who will flourish in a team tring to play football on the deck and ball to feet and all that stuff

I wouldn't be surprised if Lee left this month

Would be a shame though, as when the loanees go back, we'll be short again

Just one loanee midfielder, Lopez, isn't it?  And he doesn't return (if he does at all) until the season has finished.  Its not like we have 4 or 5 midfielders all here on month-to-month loans causing rampant uncertainty.  

Not that Lee is going anywhere mind, he's exactly the sort of player CC will enjoy working with.  Be him, Lopez and McGugan vying for the two more attacking central midfield slots.  Nothing like unfounded panic though.  

I'll stick by what I've said for the last few months- Kieran Lee is a better player than Lewis McGugan.

McGugan is far better in attack than Lee will ever be, both because of his set-piece ability and dribbling as well as shooting ability... but Lee is a much more well rounded team player. Both will be needed this season, I'd be mortified if Lee left, because there will be some games and some situations where even with both fit- Lee would be the better player to play tactically due to his defensive capabilities while still able to be a creative midfielder when possible. 

By default McGugan should get the nod over Lee because we're looking to attack, but that doesn't and shouldn't mean he'll always be second fiddle to McGugan and Lopez.

He's a good player. 

When on firm he keeps things ticking along and he added some goals (good goals) towards the back end of last season. 

Bit like Semedo, he will be written off by some, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's playing regularly by the turn of the year. 

Lee will be a key player this season, i expect him to kick on as well with his goal scoring, he has got the engine to get on the end of things in the box, also he is a very intelligent player always aware of whats going on around him . 

Its great to have a proper bench and proper competition for places instead of a 2nd rate bench.

You need to know that the players on the bench can make a difference to a game.

There will be injuries too and Lee will be directly behind McGugan and Lopez in the pecking order.

Its great to have a proper bench and proper competition for places instead of a 2nd rate bench.

You need to know that the players on the bench can make a difference to a game.

There will be injuries too and Lee will be directly behind McGugan and Lopez in the pecking order.

"Oh no, McGugan's out for two weeks!"

*On comes Kieren Lee*

"Oh... ah well never mind"

Not really much of a loss if Lopez or McGugan are out with a bit of a knock- utterly brilliant to have that strength in depth

Edited by StudentOwl

Anyone else think Kieran Lee could be a major player this year?

Hopefully he'll get more balls to feet in the middle not launched 60 yards over his head when he's played on the wing.

Looked class at York. Best player on the pitch when he came on second half.