Rudolf Austin refused permit

Guest firebird1

Ridiclous they turn down work permits for footballers especially with the amount of tax they pay. Would have liked Austin very good player at this level and would have just added more depth to the squad

folger, on 29 Jul 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:snapback.png

Don't want him. Its a joke when A footballer that's been here for years can't work but the country is  full of nobheads that want to kill usUKIP Logic.

H2Owl Do gooder logic.

Don't want to make the thread about something else but don't pretend there aren't people living here off the fat of the land that want to blow us up or worse.

Maybe not full of them but it's a big enough problem.

Surely an appeal for Austin would work.

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

I'm sceptical as it just seems too ridiculous, even for the FA.

Perhaps his agent is just trying to keep his name in the news?

Would seem a strange way to go about it though.

Well, no English club will be after him now!

Maybe trying to push a move to MLS...

That's actually disgusting.

Considering he's been living here for 3 years, and his son's been born here, I can't understand how he of all people would fail for a work permit. Utterly bizarre and I genuinely feel sorry for him as a person- would have been great for his family as he wouldn't have had to relocate from wherever he lives in Yorkshire to play for us.

Granted, I wouldn't have wanted him to sign for us, but on a sympathetic level I really feel for the bloke- it's horrible

If this is right and a player who has 70+ international caps, has just captained his country in a major tournament, has been playing in the UK for three years and has strong family links, with his son having been born here, can't get a permit then these new rules are going to have major implications for all clubs

Seems weird we haven't heard about it affecting anybody else