Rudolf Austin refused permit

Guest firebird1

Guest Darth Sturrock

Don't want him. Its a joke when A footballer that's been here for years can't work but the country is full of nobheads that want to kill us. UKIP logic

No Mate, not UKIP logic, FACT.

this is almost certainly nonsense

the FA can't have anything to do with Work Permits, it's the Home Office.

He's the captain of Jamaica.

If he's been denied, he'd win on appeal (after speaking to someone who dealt with Work Permit appeals for the Home Office)

So this is all based on a tweet from a random person and an article from a website no ones heard of?

Oh, and the FA have zero say in the granting / denying of work permits.

Seems legit.

lol

It's running on several mainstream sites

Also FA and Home Office have jointly tightened up the rules

http://www.thefa.com/news/thefa/2015/mar/england-commission-update-work-permits-fa-chairman-greg-dyke

Still find it shocking Austin appears to be the first victim of it though

folger, on 29 Jul 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:snapback.png

H2Owl Do gooder logic.

Don't want to make the thread about something else but don't pretend there aren't people living here off the fat of the land that want to blow us up or worse.

Maybe not full of them but it's a big enough problem.

Surely an appeal for Austin would work.

Yeah but hyperbole like 'full of them' doesn't help and just creates more fear and hostility. 

My partner was a Senior Policy Advisor on immigration when she worked in Government for David Blunkett, so I know that (at the time, and I am going back about 8 or so years) a Home Office depertment dealt with work permits for footballers. I doubt very much that the F.A. have anything to do with this process, unless they have implemented their own process to somehow stop an overseas player being able to play. I just can't think how they could do it though.

Things may have changed though, I honestly don't know. It could be that the Government have farmed this process out to the F.A. as they are possibly better equiped to deal, in the eyes of the Government - the general masses know differently of course.

My partner was a Senior Policy Advisor on immigration when she worked in Government for David Blunkett, so I know that (at the time, and I am going back about 8 or so years) a Home Office depertment dealt with work permits for footballers. I doubt very much that the F.A. have anything to do with this process, unless they have implemented their own process to somehow stop an overseas player being able to play. I just can't think how they could do it though.

Things may have changed though, I honestly don't know. It could be that the Government have farmed this process out to the F.A. as they are possibly better equiped to deal, in the eyes of the Government - the general masses know differently of course.

Greg Dyke hopes changes to work permit regulations will provide more opportunities for talented home grown players to get game time at the top level.

During an update on the England Commission, The FA Chairman said the Home Office has agreed to a “fundamental reform” to the existing work permit regulations, to ensure only the most talented non-EU players meet new criteria.

The new requirements state that non-EEA (European Economic Area) players will have to meet a minimum percentage of international matches played for their country over the previous 24 month period, as determined by that country’s FIFA world ranking.

Dyke said: “I am pleased to say that on Friday we finally received approval from the Home Office for fundamental reform of the non-EU work visa processes which will come into effect for next season.”

More on the link above

Greg Dyke hopes changes to work permit regulations will provide more opportunities for talented home grown players to get game time at the top level.

During an update on the England Commission, The FA Chairman said the Home Office has agreed to a “fundamental reform” to the existing work permit regulations, to ensure only the most talented non-EU players meet new criteria.

The new requirements state that non-EEA (European Economic Area) players will have to meet a minimum percentage of international matches played for their country over the previous 24 month period, as determined by that country’s FIFA world ranking.

Dyke said: “I am pleased to say that on Friday we finally received approval from the Home Office for fundamental reform of the non-EU work visa processes which will come into effect for next season.”

More on the link above

70+ caps !!!

Don't know what FIFA ranking Jamaica are but he's obviously not played enough for them over past two years - tough rules, means you now can't sign non-EU players unless they are pretty much first choice internationals (or under 21)

New Work Permit System

Required % of international matches over previous 24 months is determined by the player’s National Association’s official FIFA ranking:
FIFA 1-10: 30% and above
FIFA 11-20: 45% and above
FIFA 21-30: 60% and above
FIFA 31-50: 75% and above

Edited by simpark