Lucas Joao

I think it's fairly obvious we are looking at playing with a striker used as a focal point to bring the wider players into the game, for whom we will rely on goals for. If we are this guy fits the bill perfectly.

He looks the part, I hope we are serious and don't end up getting gazumped

Having seen the 15 minute highlights, I can actually see where his price tag comes from. He's a dynamic target man forward and the thing I'm most impressed with are the passes he's making (or attempting to make) in the video. They're not always coming off, but he's already showing good intelligence and vision to see a clever attacking ball which is hard to teach. If he can improve (as you would expect a 21 year old to do) then I think he could be a really good player in a couple of years' time because he's got that intelligence.

You've got to remember, last season was his first season playing regularly on the pitch for a first-team. His return in a good league for his first season playing regularly... is pretty good :P

Having seen the 15 minute highlights, I can actually see where his price tag comes from. He's a dynamic target man forward and the thing I'm most impressed with are the passes he's making (or attempting to make) in the video. They're not always coming off, but he's already showing good intelligence and vision to see a clever attacking ball which is hard to teach. If he can improve (as you would expect a 21 year old to do) then I think he could be a really good player in a couple of years' time because he's got that intelligence.

You've got to remember, last season was his first season playing regularly on the pitch for a first-team. His return in a good league for his first season playing regularly... is pretty good :P

Intelligence is one attribute above all others that sets apart the top players from the rest. 

In my opinion.

He's a goalscorer. Which Nuhiu, Bus and Lavery have yet to show at ANY level yet. Just needs the right system and partner

In fairness both May and Bus have shown they can score goals in their respective leagues,Lavery and Nuhiu are yet to step up to the plate,in Lavery's defence he hasn't had a prolonged run of games.

Intelligence is one attribute above all others that sets apart the top players from the rest. 

In my opinion.

He seems to be an absolute beast in the air which is where he scored the majority of his goals from. He also looks like he has the ability to find that half a yard of space in the box (again, intelligence  ;-) ). All he'd need is shooting practice to give him only average Championship finishing and he'd score 20 in a season easily, he looks like finishing is the only real aspect missing from his game right now (and even then, he doesn't look too bad as it is!)

He seems to be an absolute beast in the air which is where he scored the majority of his goals from. He also looks like he has the ability to find that half a yard of space in the box (again, intelligence ;-) ). All he'd need is shooting practice to give him only average Championship finishing and he'd score 20 in a season easily, he looks like finishing is the only real aspect missing from his game right now (and even then, he doesn't look too bad as it is!)

So...you like him then

So...you like him then

Eh, take him or leave him. He looks promising but if we could find someone a bit better, maybe 5 years older for a similar price, I'd be just as happy if not more so. 

But hey, promising youngster who's only got one full season under his belt... maybe the $ signs are entering my eyes but I can see a good first season in the Prem for this lad and some stupid prices being touted for him...

EDIT: Although, like I say... shooting practice...

https://youtu.be/mYrUkAvn46A

Edited by StudentOwl

This.

Clinical finishing has to be top priority. Strength, touch and mobility are important, but we don't just want an upgrade of Nuhiu. We need someone who's a genuine goal threat primarily.

Yah. Would be aces but, does such a thing even exist?

:ghoulguy:

edit - that we can afford and would be willing to join us in the Championship.

And don't give me that old excuse that it's not your job and that's what we pay Roeder and the scouting network for. We all know they just hang out on here looking for ideas.

Still can't believe we haven't signed Kermorgant.

Edited by themaskedowl

Yah. Would be aces but, does such a thing even exist?

:ghoulguy:

edit - that we can afford and would be willing to join us in the Championship.

And don't give me that old excuse that it's not your job and that's what we pay Roeder and the scouting network for. We all know they just hang out on here looking for ideas.

Still can't believe we haven't signed Kermorgant.

I've heard Diego Costa's in talks

lol

Guest wilyfox

Fingers crossed on this one then. He's the type I envisaged us going for - competition for Nuhiu. Could be key to optimising Matias as well, already having an understanding. Basically looks a more mobile athletic version of Atdhe. Would probably score a few - and waste just as many. But that can be ok if he brings the best out of others up there with him.

Portugal Record say it's official and Lucas is with the Sheffield Wednesday team

http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/nacional/1a-liga/nacional/detalhe/lucas-joao-de-saida-965231.html

Luke John is National output to represent Sheffield Wednesday , English League 2nd team led by Carlos Carvalhal , and which will rediscover Marco Matias , who had acted in Madeira team . Advanced , 21 , is so outgoing club in which finished the training and where , in the last two seasons , played in 58 games , scoring 8 goals .

John Lucas has been no option for Manuel Machado in the match yesterday, against the Caldas, having already joined the English team , which is the internship in the Algarve.

The insular coach John Lucas saw coming , but already has Alan Henry . The center , who last season played for Beira -Mar , has already integrated the stage and ended up playing the last 20 minutes of the match yesterday, Manuel Machado considered to have been a positive test. "It was a good workout , especially building facing a team that is sent to your defense with short lines and that's complicated," he said.

Luke John is National output to represent Sheffield Wednesday, English League 2nd team led by Carlos Carvalhal, and which will rediscover Marco Matias, who had acted in Madeira team. Advanced, 21, is so outgoing club in which finished the training and where, in the last two seasons, played in 58 games, scoring 8 goals.

John Lucas has been no option for Manuel Machado in the match yesterday, against the Caldas, having already joined the English team, which is the internship in the Algarve.

The insular coach John Lucas saw coming, but already has Alan Henry. The center, who last season played for Beira-Mar, has already integrated the stage and ended up playing the last 20 minutes of the match yesterday, Manuel Machado considered to have been a positive test. "It was a good workout, especially building facing a team that is sent to your defense with short lines and that's complicated," he said.

I like the way Google translates 'Lucas Joao'...to both Luke John and John Lucas :tango:

I wanted it translated into English but it seems to have chosen Gibberish instead

Edited by OxonOwl