Lucas Joao

Just seen on that Futhead site someone saying Lucas looks like Balotelli, which seems quite a good comparison seeing the highlights. Yes Balotelli is a joke, but there's no doubt someone with that ability would be a great player for us to have. Also he linked up well with our Matias last season

Just watched that myself. He looks exactly what we need, and I'd actually be pretty excited if we did sign him.

For those questioning his finishing - watch the video from about 5 minutes in (where the highlights not shown in the other video start).

Watched a coupe of minutes from there and he is still missing them. Scored one, an un marked header where he gets a very poor contact.

He is Nuhiu in disguise

Watched a coupe of minutes from there and he is still missing them. Scored one, an un marked header where he gets a very poor contact.

He is Nuhiu in disguise

Maybe he's not a prolific striker yet, but this kid looks like he has better movement than Nuhiu and excellent team play, which if he's to play up front on his own would be good for the likes of Matias, Lavery and Mcgugan to benefit from. Also as others have said earlier Drogba only scored 12 goals in his first 4 years as a player between the age of 20-24, for the smallish team Le Mans, so maybe Lucas could develop into a good goal scorer too

Guest domSWFC

Looks like he's got potential, but don't think he looks quite ready to cut it at Championship level just yet. 

Maybe he's not a prolific striker yet, but this kid looks like he has better movement than Nuhiu and excellent team play, which if he's to play up front on his own would be good for the likes of Matias, Lavery and Mcgugan to benefit from. Also as others have said earlier Drogba only scored 12 goals in his first 4 years as a player between the age of 20-24, for the smallish team Le Mans, so maybe Lucas could develop into a good goal scorer too

Wasn't really knocking him. Nuhiu has great feet for a big guy and is great at link up play but misses the target too frequently. Just think we already have this guy Joao.

Wasn't really knocking him. Nuhiu has great feet for a big guy and is great at link up play but misses the target too frequently. Just think we already have this guy Joao.

Watch it from around 7minutes 30 through to the end and I think it becomes a lot clearer what he can offer the team that Nuhiu can't...for a 21-year old there's some pretty significant pace, power and skill in hold up and link up play.

He sets the tempo for the team in their forward movement and he's scoring a range of decent and different goals. I think he looks a really exciting prospect who might well be out of our reach in 12 months time...so would be a great buy for me who could easily be a fixture up front after a dozen or so games   

Every footballer is a proffesional for a reason. Some have great potential. However, certain circumstances can affect a players form which is key for him to reach his potential. For example, playing in the wrong formation or not getting along with the manager. With this lad, i see potential and with his experience with Matias and hopefully gelling well with the likes of mcgugan and lopez, if we sign this guy, i think it could be good for us. However, i'm still hoping we sign Billy Sharp.. Oh wait.

He is Nuhiu in disguise

From 5 mins is just where the yet unseen highlights started, more from around 7:30 as said. I'm not saying he's demonstrating anything spectacular but his finishing is an improvement on what I saw from us last season.

Here you go, a few goals in this 3 minute clip from the video -

http://ytcropper.com/cropped/I055b6d348719d6

I didn't think your post was knocking him. You may be correct in comparing him to Nuhiu.

Watch it from around 7minutes 30 through to the end and I think it becomes a lot clearer what he can offer the team that Nuhiu can't...for a 21-year old there's some pretty significant pace, power and skill in hold up and link up play.

He sets the tempo for the team in their forward movement and he's scoring a range of decent and different goals. I think he looks a really exciting prospect who might well be out of our reach in 12 months time...so would be a great buy for me who could easily be a fixture up front after a dozen or so games   

He does look a handful. May not be directly prolific (and that could be changed) but agree that he looks to bring others into the play and when we have McGugan, Matias, Wallace and Lavery/May that could be quite a successful strategy. Of course, this is all based on one YouTibe vid so take it within that context.

There are plenty of big units with a decent touch. The trick is finding one that can score the goals too.

The positive is that matias and carvalhal will know this player well and know what we're missing. So they must think he can add something.

As with all the foreign signings it's difficult to know how effective they will be

Yeah Pritchard has some quality about him

This Lucas Joao looks to have bags of ability and promise. Comparing him to when Cellino took over at Leeds and signed Souleymane Doukara, Joao looks a different class

I don't know if doukara got injured but didn't he struggle to make an impact?

Thank goodness for You Tube and under-strength bidding.

Keeps the summer ticking along nicely watching players we reckon we can't afford.

Not sure what it does to convince me we'll be in the Prem inside two seasons though, or that we'll spend whatever it takes.

Then again, Mr C is supposedly full of little surprises.

Thank you for a lively summer Mr C. We know you've had Rhodes and Hooper around for tea.

Thank goodness for You Tube and under-strength bidding.

Keeps the summer ticking along nicely watching players we reckon we can't afford.

Not sure what it does to convince me we'll be in the Prem inside two seasons though, or that we'll spend whatever it takes.

Then again, Mr C is supposedly full of little surprises.

Thank you for a lively summer Mr C. We know you've had Rhodes and Hooper around for tea.

He has to act, and I think he will, or all the other stuff will be pointless

When Abramovich took over at Chelsea, and they wanted a player, they would bid for 3 or 4 in the same position, knowing full well who they really wanted. The idea was that the selling club would panic at the thought of losing the sale, and agree to sell. A large element of bluff on Chelsea's part, but meant thehpy didn't overpay for players, more than they wanted to. Quite clever really.

is that what happened when they paid £50m for Torres, bagged a reyt bargain there lol