Lucas Joao

Just me that would find this signing very underwhelming... Very much doubt this guy would score anywhere near 20 goals in the Championship. If all he can do is bring people into play, then we might as well stick with Nuhiu

I think we will be looking to attack on the counter a lot with the ball to feet. I quite like nuhiu but his lack of pace could hinder him in that system

Just me that would find this signing very underwhelming... Very much doubt this guy would score anywhere near 20 goals in the Championship. If all he can do is bring people into play, then we might as well stick with Nuhiu

Pace, power and can play

The goals will come

He had a reasonable record in Portuguese second tier last season on loan but I have no idea what sort of standard that is. Nowhere near Championship I'd say

He didn't play in the Portuguese second tier last season, he played in the Portuguese Prem?

We have to remember, last season was his first season playing regular football at that level. The only other time he was making any more than just substitute appearances during games was in 2012/2013 season in the third division of Portuguese football. He scored 12 in 27 at the age of 18... now I'll confess to not knowing what standard the third division is but if we sent any of our 18 year olds down to the conference and they managed that we'd all be delighted.

First season playing regular football in the Portuguese Prem (of a similar standard to upper league 1/lower Champ) he manged 6 in 24 starts and the same number of assists. That's pretty decent for your first full season in a top league in Europe in your first full season.

Sign him up I say, if what's being said is true and he's already with the squad we've got an excellent player on our hands!

He didn't play in the Portuguese second tier last season, he played in the Portuguese Prem?

We have to remember, last season was his first season playing regular football at that level. The only other time he was making any more than just substitute appearances during games was in 2012/2013 season in the third division of Portuguese football. He scored 12 in 27 at the age of 18... now I'll confess to not knowing what standard the third division is but if we sent any of our 18 year olds down to the conference and they managed that we'd all be delighted.

First season playing regular football in the Portuguese Prem (of a similar standard to upper league 1/lower Champ) he manged 6 in 24 starts and the same number of assists. That's pretty decent for your first full season in a top league in Europe in your first full season.

Sign him up I say, if what's being said is true and he's already with the squad we've got an excellent player on our hands!

My bad. Didn't read the years.

post-2917-0-25308000-1438080422.jpg

Fair comment, but from the highlights Lucas looks to be quicker and have better movement than Nuhiu, who we know can move like a wardrobe, so a quicker and more energetic Nuhiu might be good. Plus he's only 21 and played for Portugal under 21's who are pretty decent so must be fairly well regarded in his country

I'd be amazed if there is anyone on this site who can give an accurate scouting report on this guy but he looks like he has some exciting attributes. Definitely reminded me of Wanchope with how he transfers the ball effortlessly from left to right or right to left foot even though he's so gangly.

Bit of pace, bit of strength, some skill as well. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Guest wilyfox

I try but the 4 yard open net sitter at home to Fulham keeps popping up instead

All strikers miss them from time to time. Admittedly, too frequently at times with Nuhiu. Still a worthy squad member though.