Lucas Joao

Eh, take him or leave him. He looks promising but if we could find someone a bit better, maybe 5 years older for a similar price, I'd be just as happy if not more so. 

But hey, promising youngster who's only got one full season under his belt... maybe the $ signs are entering my eyes but I can see a good first season in the Prem for this lad and some stupid prices being touted for him...

EDIT: Although, like I say... shooting practice...

https://youtu.be/mYrUkAvn46A

let's sign him up he looks like you take the pressure off nuhiu

Think he has scored 8 goals in last 2 seasons.

Drogba scored 12 goals in his first 4 seasons, and was older too. I know we maybe wanted a quick fix to goal scoring but Lucas should fit into Carlos' way of playing very well. With Matias and another forward playing off him to score goals

Should also help the likes of Mcgugan and Lopez to get forward to receive the ball off him too

Edited by Southie_Owl

Drogba scored 12 goals in his first 4 seasons, and was older too. I know we maybe wanted a quick fix to goal scoring but Lucas should fit into Carlos' way of playing very well. With Matias and another forward playing off him to score goals

Should also help the likes of Mcgugan and Lopez to get forward to receive the ball off him too

I was just answering a question, I actually like the look of him. 

Competition for Nuhiu? Hopefully outright replacement and huge upgrade. No offence to the lad but big Dave should be nowhere near starting in a 433 or a team with promotion aspirations. Should be sold now with a year left on his deal. Especially if we get this guy in.

I'd keep Nuhiu - imagine the beautiful chaos if we threw him on alongside this lad when we need a last minute equaliser!

He appears to have all the attributes to be a threat in this league big, strong, direct, quick, comfortable with the ball at his feet, can link play and makes intelligent runs when he is in and around the box. The problem is he doesn't look like an out and out goalscorer, saying that neither did Benik Afobe when he was at us but it just goes to show what a player in the correct system can do. All that said none of us have seen more than 15 minutes worth of footage on youtube so lets all be honest it's a shot in the dark on our behalf.