Lucas Joao

If he was English and a L1 player they'd be asking £3m

Exactly, how much did Callum Wilson cost Bournemouth? There were plenty on here who thought that was far too much for a young untried striker. If they have enough good attributes, they always have a chance, and this guy seems to have a lot

Nobody on here could have seen Afobe doing what he did last season after his spell with us , and his record was similar in that season, sometimes it just clicks.

Hopefully with Mathias around to help him settle and older heads in Semedo & Melo for support he could flourish here.

Nandos will be thanking us anyway.

Nobody on here could have seen Afobe doing what he did last season after his spell with us , and his record was similar in that season, sometimes it just clicks.

Hopefully with Mathias around to help him settle and older heads in Semedo & Melo for support he could flourish here.

Nandos will be thanking us anyway.

lol

Carvalhal's contacts and knowledge of the players over there are obviously major advantages to us

This lad seems to tick a lot of boxes, plus he's played with Matias before

You'd like to think that would help them both settle and hit the ground running

Edited by BRUCE LEE

The guy looks built for our league. Great with his back to goal and good feet and can pick a good layoff.

Might not bring 20 goals but he'll increase the goals of them around him.

Yes I agree, I watched the interview with Carlos yesterday and he said he likes players who understand the game, who are team players and not selfish. From what we've seen so far I'd say Lopez, Matias and Lucas all fit into that way of playing.

Carvalhal's contacts and knowledge of the players over there are obviously major advantages to us

Indeed

Let's hope so.

The fact that he's played alongside Matias before bodes well and should hopefully help him to settle in.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more linkups like this next season:

Lucas Joao - Matias.gif

post-37726-0-95403300-1438096696.gif