Lucas Joao

Genuine opinion and it won't be popular.

NS was at his happiest when SWFC were close to admin, you now ask why?

He's only interested in himself, a self obsessed individual who thrives on negativity.

Stuck in the past.

Of the points he made, what do you disagree with??

Guest Deleted member

Of the points he made, what do you disagree with??

You might struggle. That would be inviting reasoned debate

Guest TommyTank

Our recent history isn't nothing to write home about, so that's not a fair comparison. I'm very underwhelmed. Champagne prices with a lemonade squad.

I would say our squad is 2 players away from a top 8 squad.

The problem this summer is that Derby and Middlesbrough have gone for it big time, making our business seem quite underwhelming.

The problem this summer is that Derby and Middlesbrough have gone for it big time, making our business seem quite underwhelming.

Based on what ?

I could just as easily say our squad is 2 transfers away from certain relegation without any basis too

Not sure what's to be disappointed about the new signings.  Yes some are not so familiar, but we went and got McGugan in and a top top player in Matias.  A big improvement compared to previous seasons, that's a given. 

I'm pretty sure a couple more signings are still to come in, after all there is another month to go in the transfer window.  

I can understand fans grumbling about the increase in prices though. 

Guest TommyTank

Wow

Ok, I'll bite. On what basis do you think I was happiest when we were close to admin?

You enjoyed those times didn't you, come on admit it, you were the main man back then, getting on the radio and all sorts, Mr local celebrity.

Now you are just a normal fan with no crap story being brought up every week.

Only a week and a half to the start of the season now. I'm quite optimistic that well do "ok", but don't think we are close to a promotion winning squad. Mr Cs huge price increase is fine, IF we are at the top end of the table.....if we aren't.....and as it stands I don't think we are, then it will backfire badly.

We haven't made the big signings to justify such a huge increase. I think Nigel got it bang on

Correct, I get his point regarding ticket prices, although I'm still going. Don't agree regarding recruitment though. Think we've got a decent mix of foreign/brittish players (Wiggins included) and the forwards will cost the most so will be signed last off. Edited by parkerowl

Based on what ?

I could just as easily say our squad is 2 transfers away from certain relegation without any basis too

But that would be daft wouldn't it?

Do you think the squad is in worse shape than the

End of last season?

Not sure what's to be disappointed about the new signings.  Yes some are not so familiar, but we went and got McGugan in and a top top player in Matias.  A big improvement compared to previous seasons, that's a given. 

I'm pretty sure a couple more signings are still to come in, after all there is another month to go in the transfer window.  

I can understand fans grumbling about the increase in prices though. 

So you have seen Matias play competetive games then ?

There is nothing given about the improvement .

McGugan was with us a chunk of last season and is a decent player no doubt as is Hunt and Wallace but what is anyone basing verdicts of the others on

But that would be daft wouldn't it?

Do you think the squad is in worse shape than the

End of last season?

I dont know thats the point and the fact of the matter is that until we've seen this squad in the heat of league football none of us know

Edited by Lawrie Madden

I'd disagree and agree on that. We are at least 4 or 5 top players away from a serious challenge, of the quality of McGugan and Westwood.

I agree re Derby and Boro. Problem is, all the noise coming from the club was giving us the idea we were a serious player, and the prices indicate an ambition to join the 'elite' in this league. I couldn't give a rats ass about a blue felt running track or a scoreboard. What I want is at least 2 centre forwards who can score goals at this level.

Guest TommyTank

Based on what ?

1. One of the best defensive units in the League last season still intact despite interest from other clubs.

2. We lacked creativity in the final third, we have signed Lopez, McGugan, Wallace and Matias to address this with other signings to come.

3. We have cleared out a lot of deadwood and replaced with promising youngsters.

4. We have spent more money this summer than we have in the previous 15

5. We have a brand new playing surface and a new big screen.

So you have seen Matias play competetive games then ?

There is nothing given about the improvement .

McGugan was with us a chunk of last season and is a decent player no doubt as is Hunt and Wallace but what is anyone basing verdicts of the others on

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean that are sh 1te.

Matias & Lopez have good pedigree, anyone can see that. Don't you think they're a better bet than Coke etc?