Lucas Joao

Or we could sign one player who's bagged over 20 goals a season in the championship.

What would you prefer

Id prefer a 20 goal a season player, but Im not sure DC wants to pay for one from this league, at least not permanently.

at £14m a pop I'm not sure I blame him.

Guest Deleted member

For someone that used to be one of the biggest clappers, you don't half seem to have the hump lately, Grandad.

I'm hacked off

We've just endured (nobody could really say enjoyed) one of the most dismal home seasons in our living memory. I cant remember a time in over 40 years of watching us home and away when I've ever looked forward to the close season (at all), but I was genuinely relieved when that final whistle blew against Leeds.

If seen the team sheet before the game and knew exactly what Gray was going to do, and how crap it would be. The fact that the stadium was virtually empty for the players traditional thank you tells the whole story.

I was delighted when he went.

Nows our chance, I thought.

We then bring in a nobody journeyman manager, debate for weeks as to whether he's going to be joined by Mark Copper - he isn't.

We then proceed to make a whole host of bizarre signings to fit into the nobody journeyman's style of play, an 'aggressive entertaining' approach.. MPR players that only the Football Manager enthusiasts have heard of.

Then news filters through about the price hikes -first in corporate (which everyone in Owlstalk dismissed because it had little to do with them - or me) but the warning signs were there...

And then the bombshell

I have parents in their (very) late 70s, already displaced onto the Kop because it's the only place they can afford a season ticket. Like me they always renew as soon as they can do this season won't affect them

But having seen the pricing for Phase 3 they're intelligent enough (unlike many on here) to put 2 and 2 together, establish that this is the way things are going under the new regime (as it has for everybody) and they genuinely think this will be their last season.

Priced out of football, after 70 years of coming to Hillsborough, by someone who's been here 7 months, and demonstrated a scant disregard for the budgets of Sheffield people of all incomes. We are (massively) funding his vanity project.

There is zero justification for our pricing to be so out of kilter with our peers and for the good name of our club to be dragged thru the gutter nationally.

And finally, whole my immediate concerns are close to home, I worry for others like them, and families. The next breed of Wednesdayite.

My kids were taken to Hillsborough on £50 season tickets (each) before they were walking, my son shares my passion (and pain) as a result

This pricing will damage or club for many many years to come. The only thing that can save that is a return to the Premier League. The players we are buying won't take us there

Guest Deleted member

Id prefer a 20 goal a season player, but Im not sure DC wants to pay for one from this league, at least not permanently.

at £14m a pop I'm not sure I blame him.

And that's absolutely fine

But don't expect us to fund another Will Keane type with a 40% increase

I'm hacked off

We've just endured (nobody could really say enjoyed) one of the most dismal home seasons in our living memory. I cant remember a time in over 40 years of watching us home and away when I've ever looked forward to the close season (at all), but I was genuinely relieved when that final whistle blew against Leeds.

If seen the team sheet before the game and knew exactly what Gray was going to do, and how crap it would be. The fact that the stadium was virtually empty for the players traditional thank you tells the whole story.

We then bring in a nobody journeyman manager, debate for weeks as to whether he's going to be joined by Mark Copper - he isn't.

We then proceed to make a whole host of bizarre signings to fit into the nobody journeyman's style of play, an 'aggressive entertaining' approach.. MPR players that only the Football Manager enthusiasts have heard of.

Then news filters through about the price hikes -first in corporate (which everyone in Owlstalk dismissed because it had little to do with them - or me) but the warning signs were there...

And then the bombshell

I have parents in their (very) late 70s, already displaced onto the Kop because it's the only place they can afford a season ticket. Like me they always renew as soon as they can do this season won't affect them

But having seen the pricing for Phase 3 they're intelligent enough (unlike many on here) to put 2 and 2 together, establish that this is the way things are going under the new regime (as it has for everybody) and they genuinely think this will be their last season.

Priced out of football, after 70 years of coming to Hillsborough, by someone who's been here 7 months, and demonstrated a scant disregard for the budgets of Sheffield people of all incomes. We are (massively) funding his vanity project.

There is zero justification for our pricing to be so out of kilter with our peers and for the good name of our club to be dragged thru the gutter nationally.

And finally, whole my immediate concerns are close to home, I worry for others like them, and families. The next breed of Wednesdayite.

My kids were taken to Hillsborough on £50 season tickets (each) before they were walking, my son shares my passion (and pain) as a result

This pricing will damage or club for many many years to come. The only thing that can save that is a return to the Premier League. The players we are buying won't take us there

Hard to argue with any of that. It certainly isn't the preseason I was hoping for. The biggest disappointment for me is the fact people simply can't afford it. I can handle the journeyman manager and the many unknowns we have signed. The disregard for the people who have supported us through the poo poo is massively disappointing.

Guest Deleted member

Hard to argue with any of that. It certainly isn't the preseason I was hoping for. The biggest disappointment for me is the fact people simply can't afford it. I can handle the journeyman manager and the many unknowns we have signed. The disregard for the people who have supported us through the poo poo is massively disappointing.

I went to York full of enthusiasm, 3 months of no football. By half time I considered popping off to Betty's Tea Rooms for an afternoon tea

I'm hacked off

And then the bombshell

Fair one mate, bloody good answer.

I was laughed at by many on here when I said I'd been told that the wage budget was "only" being increased by around £2-3m. Mainly due to the fact that everyone was expecting a multi million pound owner to spray his money around on the finest Championship players willy nilly. Looks like, so far, my info was probably about right, considering the players we have let go as well. Even with this increase we are still a million miles behind the budgets of the top achieving clubs of last season. Way behind.

Guest TommyTank

Genuine opinion and it won't be popular.

NS was at his happiest when SWFC were close to admin, you now ask why?

He's only interested in himself, a self obsessed individual who thrives on negativity.

Stuck in the past.

I'm hacked off

And then the bombshell

How do you know our signing won't take us to the premier league. Have they told you they aren't or are you just guessing?

Guest TommyTank

If we are in the bottom half around christmas then complain, go for it.

This is one of the best pre seasons in our recent history, still not enough.

Probably time to call it a day lads.

Our recent history isn't nothing to write home about, so that's not a fair comparison. I'm very underwhelmed. Champagne prices with a lemonade squad.

I think people get excited by a signing, just because it's Something different.

I have reservations about how we will actually do, I think we look ok on paper and it usually does at this one of year but it doesn't always count for much. However if we start well then you never know.

It's a fair point about the price hikes, but I suppose we will only be in a true place to judge by the end of the window.

Guest Deleted member

Genuine opinion and it won't be popular.

NS was at his happiest when SWFC were close to admin, you now ask why?

He's only interested in himself, a self obsessed individual who thrives on negativity.

Stuck in the past.

Wow

Ok, I'll bite. On what basis do you think I was happiest when we were close to admin?

In what way ?

I really am intrigued as to why people are getting euphoric about this pre season 

The signings are largely unknowns and are IMO a huge punt and the ticket prices are a fiasco