Matchday prices for 2015/2016 season - Official

As someone else said, it's a catch 22 situation- we all want quick success, but to do that Chansiri / the club need to be able attempt to balance the books i suppose. It's where football is these days. It's not just Wednesday....

I don't necessarily agree that we live in an area where people can't afford it though. People will afford it if they want to and if the football is worth it. That's not say it won't affect some people, i'm sure it will, but a price increase was always on the cards at some point.

I do though think it's too much too soon.

14k season tickets sold

possibly rising to 16k

So 6k average walk up, at those prices? Drops way down. And probably reduces the overall revenue.

It's a huge gamble, one I don't see paying off

I think he's done well there doing it like that, everyone moaning about it just get a season ticket, save plenty in the long run, plus it keeps them to$$ers away who only turn out for tenner a ticket games who still think jj is on the wing

How many fans that attend games drive and live from quite some way away? I'm in South Wales, it was already hard enough up to last season, managed a handful home and away but It's still not financially viable for those said supporters to buy a season ticket, as they still can only get to X number of games a season. I'd have to bet that between 10-25% of our support comes from outside of South Yorkshire.

Now legitimately can't afford to go, unless they keep providing cheap tickets through student unions.

How they expect someone on minimum wage to work 6 hours to pay for their ticket to sit on the Kop for 90 minutes (before any travel costs) is unreal. Absolutely unreal- can't believe that, disgusting. 

Sorry if anyone disagrees with me, but that is. 

phase 1 ST holder so wont affect me thankfully, but that's really poor on the part timers.

they should at least have announced the Mansfield and Reading games categories too. Assuming the Bristol game is a high cat as its the first of the season, the next 2 should be much closer to category G 

Nope!

Think Mcgugan could well be signed already, and they announce those prices, let people go mental for a few hours, then bang....Mcgugan signed and everyone's happy again. Genius lol

It will take a lot more than McGugan to make people forget those prices...

How many fans that attend games drive and live from quite some way away? I'm in South Wales, it was already hard enough up to last season, managed a handful home and away but It's still not financially viable for those said supporters to buy a season ticket, as they still can only get to X number of games a season. I'd have to bet that between 10-25% of our support comes from outside of South Yorkshire.

Dude I'm in chessie and I can't afford it.

Surely the only way to justify this is to spend 10M on strikers....

Yep - I have been laughing at suggestions we would spend £10m and buy Jordan Rhodes  but with those ticket prices I am expecting it (or on someone similar) at a bare minimum. 

Edited by poite

Fair point. Almost want like golf clubs do where they offer discounted membership for those living over 50 miles away.

Be very difficult to do I know, but it really screws up those living so far away they y default only go to a few games a season. 

I really don't understand the prices at all to be honest. Makes my £400 season ticket a steal. But whats the thinking? Even £10m strikers ain't gonna allow sheffield folk to pay those types of prices.

My only hope is that with Prem money the tickets can be lowered / subsidised next season