Only a pre season friendly but

Pre-season is all about preparing the players, giving the whole squad game time, and getting up to speed and match fitness. The results don't have any significance no matter what any pant wetters say. The first result that matters is first game of the season.

In terms of single players, there were definitely some performances that, if they were still putting them in in 5 weeks time, wouldn't be good enough but all were understandable so early in the season. The only exceptions may be Dielna who may be a liability if he was to play as the CB that comes forward. He lost the ball more than once in positions that left us exposed. This seems more like bad decision making than sluggishness.

As for the team performance and the "we should be beating the like of them" comments I saw no issues as all. We dominated them and were able to pull them out of shape at will. The only thing that was missing was the push and the desperation for goals. We weren't going all out for goals as that wasn't the purpose of the match. But that level of possession and control you'd easily score 4 or more in a competitive match.

I thought we were poor yesterday. I'm sorry but I didn't see anything to get excited about yet. Sasso looked average at best. Derry for a big lad won very few headers which is worrying for a centre half. The 2 million pound man was hardly involved in the game. A few nice touches but I'm sorry I don't see why people think he looked premiership class. Did he hav a shot. Hunt looked a little unfit and our defence went missing at times. It's all about opinions I suppose but maybe we need a dose of reality. On the plus side Wallace looked lively

Ffs and we laugh when the pigs call us deluded.

I'm sorry but I didn't see anything to get excited about yet.

You're entitled to your opinion, maybe some of the feedback on the players was a bit negative, but might be a true (dunno, wasn't there)

However, the bit I've quoted seems a bit silly.

Just because you paid for something doesn't mean it's gonna be entertaining. Especially this fixture.

Pre season games mean nothing.

I'm sure there is some boffin on here who can remind us what season was it when we went on some mini tour , scored about 300 goals in ten games and when we came back we didn't score in the first 5 matches despite having one of our best ever sides.

Pre season games mean nothing.

Edited by Lord Snooty

First pre season game CC would have taken a number of things from that like Dielna with his HOOF ball at times - Marnick Vermijl looked lost at times on left hand side - Lachman looked solid although on 2 occasions Alfreton got in behind twice with a couple simple headers over the top

Wallace and hunt looked lively down wing at times an Wallace worked hard to recover ball

Matias had some great feet - clearly got frustrated with ball not switching sides to him - saw him them coming to own half because he wanted the ball

lee clearly impressed as he was left on for second

Could go on but it's a pre season and players hadn't played together but from what we saw - the comments from speaking to bullen and other coaches it is clearly very positive

You can definitely see what cc is wanting to do and I am more excited for the forthcoming season even after one friendly than I have been for a while

I thought we were poor yesterday. I'm sorry but I didn't see anything to get excited about yet. Sasso looked average at best. Derry for a big lad won very few headers which is worrying for a centre half. The 2 million pound man was hardly involved in the game. A few nice touches but I'm sorry I don't see why people think he looked premiership class. Did he hav a shot. Hunt looked a little unfit and our defence went missing at times. It's all about opinions I suppose but maybe we need a dose of reality. On the plus side Wallace looked lively

You do realise that in reality you were simply watching a training session don't you? If things haven't improved by mid September, then worry/complain about the lack of quality.