Only a pre season friendly but

I thought we were poor yesterday. I'm sorry but I didn't see anything to get excited about yet. Sasso looked average at best. Derry for a big lad won very few headers which is worrying for a centre half. The 2 million pound man was hardly involved in the game. A few nice touches but I'm sorry I don't see why people think he looked premiership class. Did he hav a shot. Hunt looked a little unfit and our defence went missing at times. It's all about opinions I suppose but maybe we need a dose of reality. On the plus side Wallace looked lively

I thought we were poor yesterday. I'm sorry but I didn't see anything to get excited about yet. Sasso looked average at best. Derry for a big lad won very few headers which is worrying for a centre half. The 2 million pound man was hardly involved in the game. A few nice touches but I'm sorry I don't see why people think he looked premiership class. Did he hav a shot. Hunt looked a little unfit and our defence went missing at times. It's all about opinions I suppose but maybe we need a dose of reality. On the plus side Wallace looked lively

Are you a pig on the wind up or just an idiot?

Good grief. I give my opinion of the game and therefore I'm a pig and an idiot. Grow up. Hav a look at the head coach comments after the game. Says he saw things that wasn't good and needs improvement. U gonna accuse him of being a blade too

Good grief. I give my opinion of the game and therefore I'm a pig and an idiot. Grow up. Hav a look at the head coach comments after the game. Says he saw things that wasn't good and needs improvement. U gonna accuse him of being a blade too

You are, no one gets overly animated over a pre-season friendly like that.

And who's Derry? Shaun Derry? He retired last season at 74.

Go on then. Those that actually went. Tell me what the Newbys did that was so exciting. Enlighten me. What did u see that I didn't. Or are u just gonna continue with the sarcasm and insults cause someone gave an opinion that you didn't like

Go on then. Those that actually went. Tell me what the Newbys did that was so exciting. Enlighten me. What did u see that I didn't. Or are u just gonna continue with the sarcasm and insults cause someone gave an opinion that you didn't like

matias got an assist. I know that and i didnt even go. Think you're looking too much at the "performance". Its a workout, to get match fitness and intensity back up. And to try new things. Probably eeryone was doing something new, trialling something a bit different to what they've done before. Might work might not. We move onto the.next 1. I'll start getting concerned about perfoemances and abilities once the season starts.

Guest Distraught!

I wonder how well the new washing machines performed when the kits arrived back at Hillsborough?  :huh:

As much as I don't care about friendlies, let's be brutally honest, we really should be beating a semi - pro side.

It would be worrying to not beat a semi-pro team in a competitive match, sure. But I've seen enough friendlies in my time to know they are literally meaningless in terms of judging how capable a side "really" is.

Even if we lost 3-0 yesterday, there could have been a multitude of reasons for it, maybe even something as blatant as having an intense training session on the morning before the match. You wouldn't prepare like that for a league game and it would obviously have a negative impact on the performance.

Carvalhal even said he wanted to see how the players performed in a match when they were tired, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case.

I went yesterday and the only concern I had was that my £2 programme was blank on the back. I thought Wallace and Hunt looked to have a good understanding, Matias had a couple of nice touches. Still question the quality of Lacchman and Sasso, but it's early days. We're less than two weeks into pre-season training and the new lads have been here for a few days.

I wasn't particularly entertained, the first half could have been SG in charge. Overall though it was as much as I expected from the first pre-season game. I will be concerned if it's like that against St Mirren though.

Concerned? Why?

We're dealing with new players, in a different formation, at alternative levels of fitness...

The key to pre season is getting everyone fit and on the same page, ultimately if they're not it highlights where we need new players and we'll then do the relevant business

It's bizarre how much people read into pre season games

Rather the new players get better as the season starts than play fantastic in a meaningless friendly yesterday. Every time we buy someone, especially foreign players, everyone thinks they are world beaters. Don't get your hopes up too much they have signed for us at the end of the day! Fingers crossed they turn out ok but we've signed enough duds over the years to know by now that these signings could go either way. Give them a chance though for goodness sake.

best to completely ignore friendlies  it's a bit silly to theorise on the basis of a few minutes in a nothing match

especially games at the start of preseason where uncannily fo us we have new players who have just signed a day or so ago

suppose if we'd won 6-0 you'd be raving  equally it would mean nothing.   This new foreign coach lark is going to take time 10 league games in then you can judge