Only a pre season friendly but

Go on then. Those that actually went. Tell me what the Newbys did that was so exciting. Enlighten me. What did u see that I didn't. Or are u just gonna continue with the sarcasm and insults cause someone gave an opinion that you didn't like

Just go away you simpleton

I thought we were poor yesterday. I'm sorry but I didn't see anything to get excited about yet. Sasso looked average at best. Derry for a big lad won very few headers which is worrying for a centre half. The 2 million pound man was hardly involved in the game. A few nice touches but I'm sorry I don't see why people think he looked premiership class. Did he hav a shot. Hunt looked a little unfit and our defence went missing at times. It's all about opinions I suppose but maybe we need a dose of reality. On the plus side Wallace looked lively

....which is probably everything you expect to see first session back is it not?

Dawson - impressed me with his defense management. Constantly talking and instructing, which is a big ask when you're a kid with little experience and have seasoned pros like Loovens in front of you.

Palmer and Dielna got up and down the pitch very well so have returned from their holidays in good shape. Dielna didn't hoof as much as he usually does. There was one point where Dielna got caught forward and Alfreton broke. Who busts a gut and sprints the length of the pitch to cover? Nuhiu. Absolutely pegged it back. And in the first game of preseason THAT's what you look out for. Fitness and work rate. It was a friendly. Nuhiu could have just said roger it. He didn't. He knew we were short at the back and got into the left back position very quickly.

Hunt impressed me in that second half. Looks more like a winger than a right back. He's absolutely rapid and clearly loves attacking. Had a good cross on him.

Croasdale kept pinging balls left right and centre like Beckham. Meadow really got stuck in in the 1st half.

Lavery showed a beautiful touch to play Nuhiu clean through. Alfreton player would have been sent off if it had been a proper match.

Matias showed great movement for the goal & an unselfish streak, also made one beautiful pass to send Vermijil through.

Semedo took the first half very seriously. Got stuck it. He doesn't do friendlies. 

Both Semedo and Lee picked the ball up very deep at times but looked to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. Loads of channel balls played. 

Preseason is about fitness & building a formation/style of play that works. Yesterday was a stepping stone & if you actually watched the game you can find loads of positives from individuals.

I thought we were poor yesterday. I'm sorry but I didn't see anything to get excited about yet. Sasso looked average at best. Derry for a big lad won very few headers which is worrying for a centre half. The 2 million pound man was hardly involved in the game. A few nice touches but I'm sorry I don't see why people think he looked premiership class. Did he hav a shot. Hunt looked a little unfit and our defence went missing at times. It's all about opinions I suppose but maybe we need a dose of reality. On the plus side Wallace looked lively

Sorry, meant to neg.