Chris Bart Williams

Nowt wrong with Hyde, I was told by my dad - he's another Danny Wilson - after watching him a dozen times I told my dad Hyde was better.

Graham Hyde was that good that after he left Wednesday he never played in the Premiership again.  I am not saying he was rubbish, but he was not premier league standard - Ian Taylor and Bart Williams were that's all.

fantastic player, don't think we ever did see him reach his full potential but that was more to do with the fact that he had to compete with some of the best players we've ever seen at this club for a place ....Sheridan, Wilson, Palmer, Harkes, Waddle etc as well as Hyde, Ingesson, Whittingham ..never let us down though !!

Graham Hyde was that good that after he left Wednesday he never played in the Premiership again.  I am not saying he was rubbish, but he was not premier league standard - Ian Taylor and Bart Williams were that's all.

We had a lot of players at the time who had never played top flight football, we still managed to battle to top 3 in the season after Big Ron went walkabout thinking he was better than the side he'd built at Hillsborough.

So what if Hyde never played the same level after?  He was good enough at the time.

Hyde was decent enough - a very good grafter who never gave up, never gave in -  and actually for a defensive minded player even got forward the odd time and popped the odd long shot in the back of the net too.

Edited by salmonbones

seem to remember last game of season at home to Southampton,

TEN FULL internationals who played for us was sat in the southstand in their suits, watching while we won about 5-2,

seem to remember bartman getting either 2 or 3 goals in that game, he was high class, like he stepped up cos all the best players weren't playing.

similar to MuGugan in many ways, though due to the team we had he never had the chance from dead ball situations like MuGugan often does.

Remember it well, hat trick for the lad

http://www.11v11.com/matches/sheffield-wednesday-v-southampton-12-april-1993-21199/

He also featured in that BBC2 documentary about footballers, alongside greats like Fabian Wilnis. Megson featured too

On 20/06/2015 at 17:47, ItsAGrumbleFromImre said:

we could have had Bart Williams and Ian Taylor playing centre midfield in the mid to late 90s and instead ended up with Graham Hyde and several honest triers who were simply not good enough.  The former duo played for several more years in the Premiership, the latter faded into the lower leagues in line with their ability.  Another staggering example of Trevor Francis's total mismanagement at the time.

There was nothing wrong with Graham Hyde, he was a good player for us.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2015 at 14:12, zico.b said:

He was definitely quality, but a classic example of not fulfilling potential.

He'd walk into our current side.

We had some great players during that time. I long for those days again.

UTO :biggrin:

This. I liked Bartman, if he had pace he would have played for England.

Bart Williams was class. I remember him taking the pìss out of peter Reid, flicking the ball over his head and Playing round him, Reid just stood there looking confused. 

Never lived up to his potential but I loved his laid back style and his flair.

On 20/06/2015 at 18:30, ItsAGrumbleFromImre said:

a midfield of hyde and bart-williams would have been quite nice this season

• Like 2