Chris Bart Williams

post-4683-0-23448800-1434805214.png

Remember Chris Bart Williams ?

Known to the young un's as 'Bartman'

Was he the most overrated player we've ever had ?

Slow, mardy and overrated ?

Or was it that the team we had at the time could cope with his underperformance given that those around him could carry him?

Or was he a class player? 

Did he fulfil his potential?

Was he one of your favourite players or did he annoy you?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox

Loved him. Was gutted when he left. Also felt Forest wasted him a bit by turning him into a more defensive mid.

Were you a Bartman fan then?

I'm so sorry Brick. I seem to have gotten confused. I could have sworn this was one of Neil's threads, hence my comment about his recent bashing of this era.

Guess I had my own Brick moment there.

For what it is worth, I thought he was good and was gutted when he left. But I was only a kid so I may have been just buying the hype.

I liked Bartman, I liked most of the players of that generation, probably cos it's around the time I started going to Hillsborough & we were good! Beating Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool at home was no big deal & I considered Chelsea a guaranteed 3 points at home.

I never took to the players that followed people like Bartman though, just didn't take a shine to players like Petter Rudi or Mark Pembridge.

I liked Bartman, I liked most of the players of that generation, probably cos it's around the time I started going to Hillsborough & we were good! Beating Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool at home was no big deal & I considered Chelsea a guaranteed 3 points at home.

I never took to the players that followed people like Bartman though, just didn't take a shine to players like Petter Rudi or Mark Pembridge.

What about Robbie Mustoe?

Didn't like him either.... Or Jim Magilton, who do you think was the signing that showed we weren't really a club looking to challenge for trophies any more?

hard to tell but the day we signed Besetheswick was the day we gave up being a football club.....

• Haha 2

Peter Atherton

hard to tell but the day we signed Besetheswick was the day we gave up being a football club.....

I couldn't understand how a lad who couldn't get in the Coventry team got in our first 11 & was eventually made captain. It was hardly a statement of intent signing after losing Pearson, Anderson & Warhurst, I know we signed Walker but think he deserved a bit more help than either Atherton or Pearce.

As for the noughties I've just tried to erase them from my memory. Rubbish football, rubbish players, rubbish kits, rubbish managers & rubbish directors.