GRAY GONE - OFFICIAL

Just seen this after a couple of beers. This isn't the beers speaking. 

This sacking is f**king disgraceful. 

A decent manager, a decent man - out of work for no reason at all. We've sacked him for a name, nothing else. 

Absolutely disgraceful. Thanks Gray for everything, a top manager who deserved the time. 

Fear that this is prompted by Roeder who to me hasn't earnt his position and seems like a cancer at this club. No respect, no decency and no credentials to advise.

He doesn't fill me with much confidence either, but pretty out of line to say that. 

If I had my own way I wanted to see how Gray would have done with some money behind him, I think he's deserved that opportunity.

But heck, it's not my money so that's easy to say. If it was my money perhaps I'd think differently about who I wanted to give it to.

Either way, as disappointed as I am to hear the news, rather than concern, I'm actually excited about who we might bring in as his replacement. I certainly don't think we'll be waiting very long.

Get a grip pal, Our football was atrocious, we were one brilliant keeper away from a definite relegation battle.

such a moronic comment.

That's like saying big Ron was a crap manager because if he hadn't had Roland Nilsson we wouldn't have won the league cup.

Who signed Westwood??

Im not surprised but there are some truly idiotic half wits post on this forum. He got sacked because he is a mediocre manager and the club want better. What part of that is struggling to sink in?

i honestly think some people sat at home last night and cried. Wednesday fans bang on about wanting to be successful but then still pine over the likes of grey,megson, reda etc etc.

The comments about roeder are beyond moronic

Some people seriously, seriously need to get a grip/life

Edited by james o connor

I'm gutted for Gray and thought he deserved a chance but I can see why Mr Chansiri sacked him - there is no argument that we've been watching dross this season and we made some poor signings with the likes of May.

We are where we are and it's pointless bickering about it. Let's move on.

Spent nearly a million quid on Stevie May and had our highest wage bill in years, yet apparently he "spent no money & worked on a shoestring."

What a load of rounduns

Spent £800k on Stevie may and had to sell our best attacking player to do it.

Got us up near the play offs with a team of cast offs and average players, and improved the vast majority.

Instead of pushing on in January, we signed four unknown quantities, and mcgugan (eventually) on loan.

First year in donkeys that I didn't once worry about the relegation battle.

What a load of rounduns

Spent £800k on Stevie may and had to sell our best attacking player to do it.

Got us up near the play offs with a team of cast offs and average players, and improved the vast majority.

Instead of pushing on in January, we signed four unknown quantities, and mcgugan (eventually) on loan.

First year in donkeys that I didn't once worry about the relegation battle.

We won 5 games and scored 16 goals at home in an entire season, Gray did a good job of turning us into a mid table team but would never got us promoted in a million years.

All hinges on who is brought in to replace him.

The timing is a bit off and from a pr perspective we come off pretty poorly.

All the outside world will see is a thoroughly decent bloke (which he is), who did a decent job (which he did), getting the chop from another foreign owner.

Wow lol

So many Wednesday fans are afraid of us being anything more than bang average

Sit back and enjoy our rise to the prem. Even though most of you are too scared lol

Aye ok. That's what people are clearly afraid of.

You said earlier that Gray was average, we were mid table and an average side but in my view that was more than we could hope for with that squad. He did not do an average job here, there was and is a good foundation to kick on.

We will see who comes in, but if it's someone from left field then sacking Gray may not seem so clever.

If it's a proven manager then perhaps it will make more sense, but even then managers with track records are not guaranteed either. Who thought Gray would do better than Jones for example? He got stuck into the squad and earnt respect.

People aren't frightened that we might be good. They're worried it might blow up in our face

Obviously apologise for my Roeder comment last night.

Not his biggest fan though and still of the position that this sacking is simply wrong.

And so you should be.

Just read that remark and not only is it mellow dramatic drivel, but also in incredibly bad taste.

Engage your brain for once and grown the f*** up.