GRAY GONE - OFFICIAL

wtf i've just heard. it makes no sense, i thought he was going to at least be given some time to prove himself.

Thank you Stu for everything you have done for the club!

He had last season to prove himself as a first team coach. He was backed all season. He brought in Stevie May, the most that we have paid for a player in a long time. He was backed in January, a transfer window which normally passes us by. The performances were dreadful and attendance at home were dropping dramatically.

He just about achieved what I expected at the start if the season. With the backing he had and the performance s at the end of the previous season, not for one minute did I think we were ever going to be in a relegation fight.

So all in all he achieved par for the course. He did nothing to prove that he could move us on.

Gray was a decent chap, if not a particularly good manager, but anyone lamenting his departure couldn't have sat through the countless hours of leaderless mediocrity that we had to endure at Hillsborough for a great part of last season.

Guest Darth Sturrock

I'm sorry to see Stuart Gray go, he has done a sound job over his term here.

I will be angry and sorry if we don't capitalise on this chance, and bring a really good manager in.

This is a great opportunity for us to move forward, so please Mr. Chansiri, get this manager right!

So Mr C pays £xx million for the club, invests in the pitch etc and people are suprised he might just want to choose his own manager...

Gray did well here, he will get another job pretty easily im sure. in fact, with what he had at his disposal i think grey did very well. That said, was he ever the man to push us to the next level? Guess we will never know.

This disicion is understandable, i'd want to pick my own manager if I bought a club. Whether its a good decision or not we wont know until the replacement is announced and the season is underway.

Thank you and good luck Stuart.

Lets hope this is the start of new and great times for Wednesday and the new regime

I've had a sleep and I'm pretty fuucked off about this still.

If we get a new manager and not much by way of new players it's gonna be a rubbish season indeed.

I don't think anyone other than gray could do as good a job with this squad.

Unless it's a decent manager and we get some quality players in I can't be fuucked going any time soon.

Was excited to see gray given a chance.

Not happy.

I've had a sleep and I'm pretty fuucked off about this still.

If we get a new manager and not much by way of new players it's gonna be a rubbish season indeed.

I don't think anyone other than gray could do as good a job with this squad.

Unless it's a decent manager and we get some quality players in I can't be fuucked going any time soon.

Was excited to see gray given a chance.

Not happy.

agree with you   I was excited - I'm still excited but it's mixed with uneasiness, the unknown of who is leading this. Said before We need an in situ CEO and quick..

btw  RS are saying we are searching for a new 'manager' after sacking  'head coach' SG  - are we looking for a manager  or a coach? Be interested to know because it changes the pool we are fishing in 

Sorry to see Gray go. IMO he should gave been given the chance of a summer of recruiting with a decent budget, a good pre-season of preparation and see how we fared at the start of next season. I think he'd earned that and he'll no doubt look ruefully on from the side if the new chief gets the kind of budget to work with that he could only dream of these past 18 months. Par for the course for the modern game though. Not really for me to be honest. Time will be the sole judge of whether the club is better for it in the long run however.

The poor home form, non entertaining style, poor January signings counted against SG quite a lot. People on here were restless with that. Imagine if you had sunk £40m+ in and were going to chuck in more? No wonder DC parted ways.

The committee didn't help SG either but it may not any other manager. I can see a rethink on that before the start of the season. It'd go something like this:

DoF - Roeder

Head of Recruitment - Senior

Head of Youth and Development - Hill

Manager - whoever that will be.

Manager tells DoF what type of player he wants, DoF goes and gets him (bids, negotiations etc) assisted by Head of Recruitment.

Genuinely don't get the hysteria and mass panic. I don't support Stuart gray, Tom lees or semedo in the same way that I never supported big Ron, shez or hirsty. Some I might prefer to others or think are better but the only thing I support is swfc. There is a style of football I prefer to see and players I think would be good to sign as I think they would give us a better chance of us achieving our objectives but ultimately I don't give a damn about the players, chairman or manager. If dc appointed my butcher, spent no money in transfers this summer and we got promoted I'd be significantly happier than if he appointed pep guardiola, spent 10's of millions of pounds including mess, neuer, ageuro etc and we finished mid table.

Individuals ultimately don't matter,the club does.

Genuinely don't get the hysteria and mass panic. I don't support Stuart gray, Tom lees or semedo in the same way that I never supported big Ron, shez or hirsty. Some I might prefer to others or think are better but the only thing I support is swfc. There is a style of football I prefer to see and players I think would be good to sign as I think they would give us a better chance of us achieving our objectives but ultimately I don't give a damn about the players, chairman or manager. If dc appointed my butcher, spent no money in transfers this summer and we got promoted I'd be significantly happier than if he appointed pep guardiola, spent 10's of millions of pounds including mess, neuer, ageuro etc and we finished mid table.

Individuals ultimately don't matter,the club does.

Bingo

Guest Orion523

I've given this a lot of thought and yes, the decision was harsh, ill timed as well, but I'm on board. Stuart was simply far too negative, especially at home. If we are to push on we need a manager with the vision and ability to lead us, I don't think Gray had either of those.

No it hasn't.

You have a very short-term memory. 

Gray's sacking is going to set us back - not only this preseason and season, but for years whilst we find a good, stable replacement. I honestly don't think we'll get one at the first go, which will result in 12-18 months of no progression then perhaps a glimmer of hope.

I'm honestly gutted for Gray. He deserved much better from a club and chairman I thought would be patient and build responsibly. This sacking concerns me, as it should for all of our fan-base. We don't want to be a joke - we want stability and promotion. Sackings for no good reason really isn't a good sign.

People underestimate Gray and quieter, less known managers.

you don't know what reason. Good or bad.

An act of footballing stupidity.

We have progressed every year for the last 3 years.  We have climbed over 25 places in the league pyramid in that time.

In those 3 years we've had 3 different managers, all of whom were an immediate improvement on the guy they replaced. Who's to say that this latest move isn't going to be a continuation of that trend?

I know it has been said before but you can just imagine Nigel Adkins thinking he would have had a chance getting the Owls job. Now he is kicking himself having committed to the Sty for 3 years.

Or is DC going to poach Adkins and cause as much meltdown on bladesmad as on here!!!

I know it has been said before but you can just imagine Nigel Adkins thinking he would have had a chance getting the Owls job. Now he is kicking himself having committed to the Sty for 3 years.

Or is DC going to poach Adkins and cause as much meltdown on bladesmad as on here!!!

:columbo:

Many thanks Stuart Gray and John Deehan

It was good that with limited resources we were able to survive mid table.

Really struggled at home throughout the season, team was crying out for some pace on the wing to create something, anything for the strikers.

Here's hoping that whoever gets the job gets a decent budget to buy a bit of quality.

i wish he was doing, i would feel a lot more confident going into next season with Adkins at the helm than CC.

i wish i didnt feel like that but i do, tbf CC is a bit of an unknown quantity and were all a bit scared of the unknown arent we?

hopefully he will surprise me. 

On Gray, i spoke to someone at the club today, (not relevant who) and i mentioned i was gutted Gray had gone and the reply was surprising, i was expecting a nothing answer (i wasnt fishing) but the reply was ' we cant attract the better players we're trying to attract!'  

while i know this is hardly groundbreaking news and was fairly well known, when i heard it from 'in house' i guess it really hit home with me.